IGNORED

Glenn Beck Partners With Producer

debrand

.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/02/glenn-beck-announces-theblaze-tv-partnership-with-mega-hollywood-filmmaker/

Gerald Molen, has partnered with Glenn Beck to produce films by young filmmakers.

This is the part that worries me. I don't want Beck to have a hand in creating ANY curriculum for kids

“Sneak on the Lot†is currently taught in about 250 schools around the country, but the goal is to make it part of every school or home classroom, Beck said. In showcasing student work on “Liberty Treehouse,†TheBlaze TV audience will receive a behind-the-scenes look at the filmmaking process.

“We believe this is going to be a historic partnership,†Beck said. “The goal of this partnership is to find the next Jerry Molen, the next Steven Spielberg, and encourage the making of quality films that represent the true creative spirit of America. We are going to take back our culture through quality arts-based education.â€

Interesting. I also wonder what happened to that conservative Glee project he talked about last summer.

Interesting. I also wonder what happened to that conservative Glee project he talked about last summer.

I had not heard about that. It sounds almost surreal, like an SNL skit

Conservative Glee? So is that like regular Glee, only they sing approved music and everyone's straight?

Here are a couple of articles about the "conservative Glee project".

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ee-project

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.1096935

My guesses are that it will be a musical show where abstinence will be preached and no gay characters. I don't think the show will ever happen. Most people in the musical theater community are pro-gay. Glee has gone downhill quite a bit, but I still like the black comedy element of it and I also like some of the shots they have taken at fundies. I think Beck does exaggerate certain things about Glee. To start off, it isn't the first show set in high school that features characters having sex or teen gay characters. I think One Tree Hill had more references about sexual activity than Glee has had.

Here are a couple of articles about the "conservative Glee project".

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ee-project

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.1096935

My guesses are that it will be a musical show where abstinence will be preached and no gay characters. I don't think the show will ever happen. Most people in the musical theater community are pro-gay. Glee has gone downhill quite a bit, but I still like the black comedy element of it and I also like some of the shots they have taken at fundies. I think Beck does exaggerate certain things about Glee. To start off, it isn't the first show set in high school that features characters having sex or teen gay characters. I think One Tree Hill had more references about sexual activity than Glee has had.

Room 222 had a story in 1971 about anti-gay bullying. For those of you who don't remember the show (and I suppose that's most of you) Room 222 was set at the fictional Walt Whitman High in LA; Room 222 specifically referred to the room of the English teacher played by Lloyd Haynes, an African-American actor. (Haynes was almost Lt Uhura on Star Trek.) I loved the show and watched it every week while it was on.

Room 222 had a story in 1971 about anti-gay bullying. For those of you who don't remember the show (and I suppose that's most of you) Room 222 was set at the fictional Walt Whitman High in LA; Room 222 specifically referred to the room of the English teacher played by Lloyd Haynes, an African-American actor. (Haynes was almost Lt Uhura on Star Trek.) I loved the show and watched it every week while it was on.

LOVED that show. I was 13 in 1971; I have a vague memory of that episode, I wonder if it's on YouTube somewhere. :think: I wish some cable channel (TV Land, are you listening?) would air the show. I don't think it's been re-run on TV for decades, if ever.

Didn't know that about Lloyd Haynes. Much as I liked him on 222, I'm glad they went with Nichelle Nichols instead! :)

There are at least some clips of Room 222 on youtube. There may be some more on hulu, but I did not check.

I wonder if Room 222 was inspired, in part, by Up the Down Staircase and even by The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, and Rachel, Rachel. I read the novel of Up the Down Staircase. It was just wonderful One thing I recall about it was that one of the students died of a self-induced abortion.

I looked up Gerald Molen's IMDB page, and he's actually produced some notable films like "Rainman" and "Jurassic Park." So at least Beck is connected with someone talented and not some total hack.

But a conservative "Glee?" As if.

There are at least some clips of Room 222 on youtube. There may be some more on hulu, but I did not check.

I wonder if Room 222 was inspired, in part, by Up the Down Staircase and even by The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, and Rachel, Rachel. I read the novel of Up the Down Staircase. It was just wonderful One thing I recall about it was that one of the students died of a self-induced abortion.

Bel Kaufman, the author of Up the Down Staircase, is still with us! She's either just under or just over 100 years of age. Great book.

I think probably the most direct inspiration for "Room 222" was To Sir, With Love, great Sidney Poitier film. I loved "Room 222" so much as a kid.

Archived