IGNORED

Homeschooling parents indicted for murder of adopted kids

Buzzard

reunitejackson7.webs.com/

Carolyn and John Jackon, self proclaimed "devout Christian homeschoolers" have been indicted today on numerous counts of child cruelty by federal authorities after they witheld food, beat, and refused medical care to children they adopted. They were, apparently, "training" them to behave. They also instructed their other children not to tell anyone about what they were doing and beat him with a belt when they learned they had told.

After John Jackson was told by a family friend that one of the children had revealed the abuse in the Jackson household, John Jackson reported it to Carolyn Jackson, authorities say, who retaliated against that child with multiple beatings with a belt.

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2013 ... th_en.html

I cant find any mention of the pearls in the news articles that I've seen but this sounds WAY too familiar.

Of course, there is a facebook page supporting these good christian parents.

facebook.com/pages/Support-for-the-Major-John-Carolyn-Jackson-Family-of-New-Jersey/183604398328648

Good job to the state. they surely prevented a murder.

but it is so sad that a couple of crazy and dangerous people have authorization to adopt.

I hope that children will find very quickly the stability and love :|

From the article:

Federal authorities have arrested and charged the adoptive and foster parents of three children, one of whom was a U.S. Army major living with his family in Morris County, with abusing and neglecting the children for years through beating them, breaking their bones, failing to get them medical help, depriving them of drinking water and training their biological children to take part in the mistreatment.

As another form of punishment, Carolyn and John Jackson forced two of the children to consume food intended to cause them pain and suffering, variously including red pepper flakes, hot sauce and raw onion, authorities say. They also caused one child to ingest excessive sodium or sodium-laden substances while being deprived of water, leading to a life-threatening condition, authorities also allege.

How could you treat another human being like that? The fact that such severe punishment seems to have been reserved for their fostered and adopted children, while their biological kids were forced to become accomplices and cover their parents' asses, just makes me so angry and sad.

Call yourself a "Christian" and there's a whole large population of people who will forgive you anything.

If I ever had a commodity to market, I'd get it labeled "Christian" before I put it out there. I'd make a fortune. Never have I seen such a bunch of mindless sheep, looking to rubber stamp anything correctly categorized.

It's bad enough that there are subhumans who will do this to a child in the name of god, it's almost worse that there are other subhumans who will defend it.

It breaks my heart that these poor children who've already suffered so much before being adopted to then suffer abuse like this (and in this case were murdered.) Every child deserves the loving, stable home like the one I was lucky enough to grow up in. I just don't get how anyone could do that to another human being, let alone an innocent child! I don't know much about in adoption (especially US adoption) but I don't understand how these evil people are even allowed to adopt in the first place. :evil:

It breaks my heart that these poor children who've already suffered so much before being adopted to then suffer abuse like this (and in this case were murdered.) Every child deserves the loving, stable home like the one I was lucky enough to grow up in. I just don't get how anyone could do that to another human being, let alone an innocent child! I don't know much about in adoption (especially US adoption) but I don't understand how these evil people are even allowed to adopt in the first place. :evil:

Kathryn Joyce's new book, "Child Catchers" will give you a good idea. The Christian adoption market functions like a well-oiled machine. Children truly are commodities to these people. It's almost like a game. He who dies with the most kids wins.

Kathryn Joyce's new book, "Child Catchers" will give you a good idea. The Christian adoption market functions like a well-oiled machine. Children truly are commodities to these people. It's almost like a game. He who dies with the most kids wins.

Thanks for the tip - will look into it once the exams are over! Oh my goodness that is just disgusting - it shouldn't be allowed. It sounds like human trafficking, just under a different name, with the aim of selling the child to the highest bidder...

It's bad enough that there are subhumans who will do this to a child in the name of god, it's almost worse that there are other subhumans who will defend it.

The fb page is interesting because it appears people supported them SOLELY based on the "homeschooling Christian" shit. Nowhere in any of the articles or comments is the abuse referenced... As if the children were "stolen" simply because they were homeschooling them. Um...not so much!

Too bad there was a gag order on this case. I would have loved to read the shit these people would have "explained" about "training" the adopted children.

Do you have a summary of this book ? Or a site that talks about this topic ? I grew up in several host families (kinds of adoptive families) were not really good families. I am very interested in this kind of story. Thank you !

Major Jackson ought to face a Court Martial if he is still in the Army and then spend quite a few years in the brig at Ft. Leavenworth. You can face a Court Martial for what you do off-duty.

Do you have a summary of this book ? Or a site that talks about this topic ? I grew up in several host families (kinds of adoptive families) were not really good families. I am very interested in this kind of story. Thank you !

Amazon has a brief description (don't know if I can quote that here). There was also another adoption thread here that talked about the book. I'll see if I can find it. I'm about halfway through. It's infuriating to say the least.

Melissa Harris-Perry had Kathryn Joyce on her show last Sunday to talk about Child Catchers and the Christian adoption industry in the U.S. You can watch parts of the show [link=http://www.nbcnews.com/id/46979745/vp/51693648#51693656]here[/link] (not sure if it's available to viewers outside the United States, though).

The individual relevant segments:

[link=http://www.nbcnews.com/id/46979745/vp/51693648#51693656]History of transnational adoption rife with abuse[/link]

[link=http://www.nbcnews.com/id/46979745/vp/51693648#51693648]Woman shares story of being adopted from Ethiopia against her will[/link]

[link=http://www.nbcnews.com/id/46979745/vp/51693648#51693636]Contextualizing the Indian Child Welfare Act[/link]

I'm confused. I can't find anything about a death, just abuse, which is horrific enough. I don't want to call it murder though if no one died. This is definitely serious, sickening child abuse. I have heard of parents putting a drop of hot sauce on a child's tongue like soap in the mouth, but drink it? The drop's bad enough. Sodium and no water? That's not a home, that's a torture chamber. I feel sick now and hope all those children make it out of this okay and can succeed despite all the hell they've been though.

I also don't get all the defense. Why all the allegations if none of it happened? It's clear the Morris CPS decided there was enough of a danger to remove those children. There's always the "but they were good people" and "they'd never do that!" But of course, they did do that and no, they were not good people, just good at deceiving those around them. Sociopaths are often quite manipulative, even charming.

With so many child training techniques normalized and "breaking their will" being not only encourage but expected, it's not surprising that people don't see certain things as abuse. It's abuse looking to outsiders looking in, but when you are in it's just another day on the farm.

I'm confused. I can't find anything about a death, just abuse, which is horrific enough. I don't want to call it murder though if no one died. This is definitely serious, sickening child abuse. I have heard of parents putting a drop of hot sauce on a child's tongue like soap in the mouth, but drink it? The drop's bad enough. Sodium and no water? That's not a home, that's a torture chamber. I feel sick now and hope all those children make it out of this okay and can succeed despite all the hell they've been though.

I also don't get all the defense. Why all the allegations if none of it happened? It's clear the Morris CPS decided there was enough of a danger to remove those children. There's always the "but they were good people" and "they'd never do that!" But of course, they did do that and no, they were not good people, just good at deceiving those around them. Sociopaths are often quite manipulative, even charming.

The child dies in may of 2008 but there seems to be little information out on the Internet about the cause. They were indicted for murder, though.

Other articles say a two year old foster child died of a seizure. That he had been born addicted to drugs. The parents said he died in the hospital under medical care but someone else said he died at home. And he was cremated quickly, of course.

Melissa Harris-Perry had Kathryn Joyce on her show last Sunday to talk about Child Catchers and the Christian adoption industry in the U.S. You can watch parts of the show [link=http://www.nbcnews.com/id/46979745/vp/51693648#51693656]here[/link] (not sure if it's available to viewers outside the United States, though).

The individual relevant segments:

[link=http://www.nbcnews.com/id/46979745/vp/51693648#51693656]History of transnational adoption rife with abuse[/link]

[link=http://www.nbcnews.com/id/46979745/vp/51693648#51693648]Woman shares story of being adopted from Ethiopia against her will[/link]

[link=http://www.nbcnews.com/id/46979745/vp/51693648#51693636]Contextualizing the Indian Child Welfare Act[/link]

Yes, I can see the videos :) Thank you !

Archived