IGNORED

Filled with the Holy Spirit...

EmiGirl

I just got on my facebook and found this picture and I had to share it. Upon further investigation I found it it was originally posted by Mark Driscoll.

holyspirit.jpg

I almost commented "You've got to be kidding me" to the guy who posted it, but thought better of it.

My friend was told this at her Catholic high school. I went to a lot of their dances (they were better than the public high school ones, go figure) and it was a huge joke among all the kids. It wasn't strictly enforced but the no grinding rule was.

I love how the Holy Spirit is supposed to go right between their crotches!

I was just about to comment...the Holy Spirit clearly knows where the action is.

My friend was told this at her Catholic high school. I went to a lot of their dances (they were better than the public high school ones, go figure) and it was a huge joke among all the kids. It wasn't strictly enforced but the no grinding rule was.

Another public school alum who went to the Catholic school dances over here. The title of this thread actually put a nostalgic smile on my face :D . Leave it to the likes of Mark Driscoll to take something (that was turned into a sly joke among teenagers attending those dances) and make it clinical and borderline dirty. :evil-eye:

In my experience, you really had to be doing the bump n grind to get the Brothers to actually bother enforcing this. :naughty:

We were told to have an imaginary phone book between dancing partners. Sad to say, it was a NYC phone book.

Threesomes! Kinky! :lol:

I was considering going to bible school during my last year of high school, much to the delight of my parents. I read about their ruler rule if you were out and about with the opposite sex and lmao and that was that.

Whoa, wait a minute here...are those PANTS the girl is wearing??! Why is the girl allowing the guy to put his hands on her hips? HARLOT!!!

Thank God it turns out my friend was snarking on it himself. He's a youth pastor so it really could've gone either way. The bad part is people actually take it seriously though.

This reminds me of my first school dance at my catholic middle school. One of my teachers brought a yard stick and was telling kids to stay that distance apart. And she was using it to pry apart people who got too close. But she was just messing with us. :lol:

I'm dying over here, this is exactly what the nuns said to us at school dances. Please picture a 200 year old woman stabbing her finger at you and screeching that phrase. Oh the memories!!!

We used the phrase as a joke at my religious school, but dancing was forbidden, so it was more in the context of hugs. Cross sex hugs were to be A-frame, though the faculty would generally look the other way if they knew the person's main love language was hugs and that they went around hugging everybody regardless. The three main people were me, my guyfriend A, and my girl friend M.

The rule was more enforced if they knew that the couple was dating, or if they had observed flirting.

We were told to have an imaginary phone book between dancing partners. Sad to say, it was a NYC phone book.

Yes--all 5 boros, including the Yellow Pages.

My grandmother advocated carrying a large book (think atlas-size) at all times, just in case you had to *gasp* sit on a boy's lap in a crowded car. Yeah, that would have been easy to explain to your date--"Oh, I just happen to have this world atlas handy in case we need to find the most direct route from Caracas to Istanbul".

We used the phrase as a joke at my religious school, but dancing was forbidden, so it was more in the context of hugs. Cross sex hugs were to be A-frame, though the faculty would generally look the other way if they knew the person's main love language was hugs and that they went around hugging everybody regardless. The three main people were me, my guyfriend A, and my girl friend M.

The rule was more enforced if they knew that the couple was dating, or if they had observed flirting.

While scrolling down to this post too quickly, I originally read "flirting" as "fisting."

That would be quite a different sort of school.

Either their holy spirit is really short, or it's a pervert who likes hanging out near genitals...

My dad used to say that to us (only the girls) growing up. I say it to my girls. (as a joke, of course)

I'd be hoping for a penis just about the size of that imaginary Holy spirit. Happy Days !!!!

Just use an e-book Bible. Problem solved.

:clap: You beat me to it. I have three bibles on my iphone and I had no problem with the idea of my phone getting between me and my dance partner.

Same goes for the atlas ... that's on the iphone too so if I sit on a guys lap, I'll just make sure its in the back pocket of my skirt to protect my purity. :lol:

Archived