IGNORED

Bic for Women - the State of Feminism Today

CynicMom

Just when you think the fundies have a chance at winning something like this comes along. These reviews for the "BIC Cristal for Her Pen" are good entertainment for a Friday.

[link=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004F9QBE6/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk]BIC for Her[/link]

Not broken because it's amazon. Also hilarious.

My favorite comment was this comment:

"First of all I'm a male. I picked a pink one up by mistake to write a quick note... Next thing I know I'm sitting down to take a pee. Be careful."

Oooh, the pissing preacher needs to know about this, he'll need to have a series of sermons on this one!

There's also similarly funny reviews on Amazon UK. I wish it was possible to give a sitcom deal to an amorphous group of people.

89 of 93 people found the following review helpful

3.0 out of 5 stars These pens enabled me to find myself, August 28, 2012

By Allison Carver (Azusa, California United States) - See all my reviewsThis review is from: BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen, 1.0mm, Black, 16ct (MSLP16-Blk) (Office Product)

All my life, I've worn jeans instead of skirts and dresses, played rough boyish games, and was never able to end every sentence I speak on an upnote--unless I was actually asking a question. I was confused, ashamed, and felt so alone. Then I discovered Bic Cristal for Her, and my life has changed 1000 percent! I wear frilly aprons over my skirts and dresses while cleaning the house (because Bic Cristal for Her gave me the courage to quit my job); I am able to defer to Men in all things, having finally accepted that possessing two degrees doesn't mean I know more or better than any Man, regardless of subject; and I have finally been able to accept that I need never think for myself again--Bic Cristal for Her has freed me of these modern-day burdens that have plagued my sisters and me for the last five decades. Finally, I can sit back and let a Man take care of me for as long as he sees fit. FREEDOM! Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Report abuse | Permalink

Comment Comment (1)

This my favorite review. LOL

I remember on the LAF FaceBook page one of the members had a fit because they felt like their femininity was being attacked by these reviews.

This one had me laughing so hard Dad came running into the room asking what was so funny.

Missing the batteries August 28, 2012

I can't find a switch to turn it on, and it didn't come with batteries. This is not the "for her" product I was expecting. At all.

It's going to take some time to go through all 1271 reviews, (so far) but I intend to read them all. This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

Someone has answered my gentle prayers and FINALLY designed a pen that I can use all month long! I use it when I'm swimming, riding a horse, walking on the beach and doing yoga. It's comfortable, leak-proof, non-slip and it makes me feel so feminine and pretty! Since I've begun using these pens, men have found me more attractive and approchable. It has given me soft skin and manageable hair and it has really given me the self-esteem I needed to start a book club and flirt with the bag-boy at my local market. My drawings of kittens and ponies have improved, and now that I'm writing my last name hyphenated with the Robert Pattinson's last name, I really believe he may some day marry me! I'm positively giddy. Those smart men in marketing have come up with a pen that my lady parts can really identify with.

OT, but worth it. This reminds me of the 'binders full of women' comment. 3-ring binders started getting reviews...[link=http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Durable-Binder-11-Inch-17032/product-reviews/B001B0CTMU/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1]Binders full of women![/link]

Not breaking link because it's Amazon.

These pens do not sparkle enough.

I would write more, but I need to go make my husband a sandwich.

I was going to say I hope the man that came up with this marketing ploy has been fired by now, but Ellen has decided to endorse them:

eCyw3prIWhc

OT, but worth it. This reminds me of the 'binders full of women' comment. 3-ring binders started getting reviews...[link=http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Durable-Binder-11-Inch-17032/product-reviews/B001B0CTMU/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1]Binders full of women![/link]

Not breaking link because it's Amazon.

My favorite from that link:

Changing my tune

I was originally going to rate this only 1 star. You see, I'm a big girl and I can only squeeze about 53% of myself into this binder. But then I decided that I'm not going to worry about the other 47%.

:laughing-rofl::laughing-rolling: There are also lots of good ones on the BIC for Her reviews page about finally being able to take notes in your binders full of women.

Wow, that clip with Ellen was so funny that I wonder if she could top that! :D I bet she could though.

Archived