IGNORED

Christians should take over politics!

treehugger

Jacinda once again is writing politics :roll: Or, more specifically why it is absolutely necessary that Christians are involved in politics:

growinghomeblog.com/2013/04/7-ways-for-christian-family-to-get_8.html

Some folks within the Christian community see no point in becoming politically involved. They reference God's sovereignty over cultural affairs as reason to accept whatever is dished out by the hands of diplomats. While we must submit to civil authorities (1 Peter 2: 13), we likewise must take seriously the command to "occupy" until Christ's return (Luke 19:13).

I confess to being the Christian who sees no point in stressing about politics. I don't see Jesus doing a lot of that in the Bible. The whole "occupy" statement freaks me out a lot though, because we all know that there are way too many different kinds of Christians who, if they were all in government would then proceed to fight about which "Christian" has the right way to run the government, and we would be in a HUGE mess (I'm not even going to go into the oppression and abuse that would then happen to everyone who isn't a Christian).

Also, I am pretty sure that occupying the earth was not the point of the parable in Luke 19.

Thus the problems with both biblical and Constitutional literalists- a complete lack of subtly and context in what they believe.

Um, are there even any non-Christians in American politics?

Barney Frank, Carl Levin, Dianne Feinstein, Eric Cantor, Al Franken, Joe Lieberman

Indeed all good Christians should lust after power, storing up treasures here on Earth in hope of buying access to an executive suite in the afterlife. Naked one comes into the world, and naked one leaves - but of course for his social status and the carnal power he amassed in life: Those he can take and use them to impress the God who is, despite a reputation to the contrary, indeed a respecter of persons.

Barney Frank, Carl Levin, Dianne Feinstein, Eric Cantor, Al Franken, Joe Lieberman

Maizie Hirono, Senator from Hawai'i and Hank Johnson, Representative from Georgia are Buddhists. Steve Cohen from Memphis is the first Jewish congressman from Tennessee. Gabby Giffords is Jewish, too. And don't forget Bernie Sanders! He's my hero!

Here's a list from Wikipedia of Jewish people in American politics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_politicians

Herb Kohl was a senator from Wisconsin until recently and he did own Kohl's Department Store at one time. The late Tom Lantos was a representative from California and a Holocaust survivor.

maybe the fundie light politicians aren't christian enough for her.

That's the problem with fundies, only their exact particular brand is right. One of my aunts and her husband are Independent Baptist missionaries in Alaska. If you don't believe what she does, you don't count. When my mom and stepdad (it's his sister) got married, she was witnessing to my very Christian, but Catholic, grandmother including telling her that her husband was a Catholic but then he got saved. My grandmother despite being 5'1 and maybe 105 lbs can be quite formidable and told her off in no uncertain terms including a brief history of the reformation. Her sister's family supports their ministry financially, but since that sister is married to a Pentecostal (UPC which is fairly fundie itself) they can't say send their youth group on a mission trip because their organization doesnt recognize charismatic denominations. My husband and I attend a Presbyterian (PCA, which is definitely evangelical and while not our church in particular does have a fairly active fundie side) church, and she had a cow when we christened our daughter. From the way she went on you'd of thought that we'd let our pastor dump burning acid on her head and tattooed 666 on her forehead. And the video we posted on Facebook so our family could see since none of them were able to come, our pastor explains why we baptize babies, that it's a sign and contains no saving power, and that until she makes an actual profession faith she's a non-communing member of the church. Except for the water, it was not any different than a Baptist dedication. From reading on here and looking at fundie blogs, I don't think my aunt is an exception in views of what makes a Christian. And assuming she goes to heaven, I think she's probably going to be quite surprised that heaven isn't quite as exclusive as she thought.

Hell, they already dominate state politics in my state.

Archived