IGNORED

The only Valentine the Ardnt boys will get this year

0 kids n not countin

Jude Arndt:

Mary shaped her hair into a heart for Valentine’s Day. I told her it looked girly, and it was weird having someone who’s not insulted by that.

Seth Arndt:

Mighty purty.

hair.jpg

Mark must be having a difficult day today.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fucked-up-crazy of this family fascinates me. It kind of depresses me when I think of the isolation and frustration the kids must feel, but my, oh my, they fascinate me. It's so sad that there are so many adult children in that household and that the only way they will be released from their prison is when their parents kick the bucket. For what it's worth, I think it's the mom who's the heavy in that house. I'm not much older than their oldest and I've had such a full and happy life. Sad.

Cute hairstyle, though the three accessories may be a bit much.

Mommy and Daddy are slacking--why didn't they have a Valentine's celebration in bed? Cupcakes for everyone! Crumbs and frosting on the sheets! Just a great big pile of love! :romance-lovegoddess:

The fucked-up-crazy of this family fascinates me. It kind of depresses me when I think of the isolation and frustration the kids must feel, but my, oh my, they fascinate me. It's so sad that there are so many adult children in that household and that the only way they will be released from their prison is when their parents kick the bucket. For what it's worth, I think it's the mom who's the heavy in that house. I'm not much older than their oldest and I've had such a full and happy life. Sad.

Re: the bold, I agree too. I could be wrong, but my instincts just tell me that Mama Arndt has done a real number on those men/boys in keeping them at home. She's got to be the ultimate control freak, seriously.

You know, before I knew about this family, I would've said there was absolutely no way the Duggars (or anyone else) could keep all of their many children "in the fold" - it seemed inevitable that at least one was going to break away. Now I'm not quite so sure. The strange thing the Ardnts is that all of the boys seem so content. They don't seem to feel like they're missing anything and they seem perfectly happy with their Lego/penguin/bunk-beds-with-many-brothers lives. On the other hand some of the Duggar kids don't seem so happy and I don't think they're all going to stay in line with their parents. I think having so many boys might have something to do with it, and I agree that Mama Arndt is probably really the one in control.

What are those kids doing to do when Momma Arndt gets too old to rule the roost or dies? I can easily see a documentary coming out in 30 years about them still all living together and keeping that house exactly as it was when mom was alive. And on their birthdays they'll all gather on mom and dad's bed for cake and ice cream.

Creepy...

What are those kids doing to do when Momma Arndt gets too old to rule the roost or dies? I can easily see a documentary coming out in 30 years about them still all living together and keeping that house exactly as it was when mom was alive. And on their birthdays they'll all gather on mom and dad's bed for cake and ice cream.

Creepy...

They'll be the male versions of Miss Haversham

I bet when their parents die the manboys will mummify them and keep them in the house, talking to them as if they were alive.

And Mrs. Arndt will have that smile on her face for all time.

You know, before I knew about this family, I would've said there was absolutely no way the Duggars (or anyone else) could keep all of their many children "in the fold" - it seemed inevitable that at least one was going to break away. Now I'm not quite so sure. The strange thing the Ardnts is that all of the boys seem so content. They don't seem to feel like they're missing anything and they seem perfectly happy with their Lego/penguin/bunk-beds-with-many-brothers lives. On the other hand some of the Duggar kids don't seem so happy and I don't think they're all going to stay in line with their parents. I think having so many boys might have something to do with it, and I agree that Mama Arndt is probably really the one in control.

I don't think they are all quite as content as they appear. At least one has indicated a desire for a godly wife, though he does nothing to find one.

I don't think they are all quite as content as they appear. At least one has indicated a desire for a godly wife, though he does nothing to find one.

I don't think that they are content, just paralyzed as to how to go about changing anything. Like a woman in an abusive relationship, she doesn't want to stay but doesn't know how to go.

I have only watched a couple episodes of their fam team crap and it was like a bad train wreck mixed with watched the movie Nell in slow motion. With that said I was struck by the mom when one of the sons was taking his learners permit exam. She said something like " I want to be there for all the moments in their life, but you have to let them go." I thought okay sounds normal enough until you realize the woman never lets her children leave home. The cognative dissonance was something else.

That hairstyle is really pretty.

Those poor manboys

For someone under thirteen, it is very cute. For anyone over thirteen it is odd. Maybe it is the accessories that I don't like.

I think the difference is that these man-boys are truly isolated. Yes, they've done a special or two, but they don't have a camera crew composed of "normal" people living with them all the time. The Duggars have been heavily exposed to the outside world and we can see the effect it's having on them- they dress differently and they've loosened up on some of their strictures (although the Jslaves live at home, they have "jobs"). The Duggar kids can probably imagine a world outside of their family and are aware it isn't so bad. They could escape. I'm not sure the Arndt boys can do that.

But hey, you have to admit their "pure" life style SURELY KEEPS THAT MANBOYMEN FRESH-FACED!

Just look at Paul, he´s 32 and looks like 22. Or Mark - with his "military" hairstyle, he looks like my 19 yr old brother and his friends who are currently serving ... but Mark is 29!

I´d probably snatch me one of them - would I be able to put up with that mama - in law ? :mrgreen:

For someone under thirteen, it is very cute. For anyone over thirteen it is odd. Maybe it is the accessories that I don't like.

Am I the only one who thinks her hair style looks like a butt?

I don't have words for how disturbing I find this family.

I don't think that they are content, just paralyzed as to how to go about changing anything. Like a woman in an abusive relationship, she doesn't want to stay but doesn't know how to go.

They've been controlled and brainwashed by both parents for so long now that no one seems to know how to make the first move. Mark especially has expressed longing for a wife but he's completely clueless about how to go about finding one that his parents would find suitable. And the parents don't seem to be putting any effort into helping their sons find brides. (This is where I think Mommy's influence is most strongly felt. I don't think she ever wants any daughters-in-law in her life.)

There is little hope for the ones in their late 20's and 30's. The younger ones may have a shot, if only because one of the older brothers might realize by the time he's in his mid-40's that what happened to him wasn't right and proceed to assist a younger sibling in breaking away.

Isn't their little sister, 13? My daughters both just got asymmetrical haircuts. They are 14 and 16. Both girls, like the Arndt daughter, look several years younger than they are but they didn't want their hair to make them look even younger.

I was a tiny, undeveloped 13-21 year old and I never enjoyed looking like a little kid.

edited multiple times for stupid mistakes that I keep making

Daddy Arndt is so full of himself you'd think he'd want his sons to be married so he can say he has 14 bazillion grandkids, surely that must be more impressive than saying you have 13 sons and one daughter? What do you think Mommy Arndt? :think:

Daddy Arndt is so full of himself you'd think he'd want his sons to be married so he can say he has 14 bazillion grandkids, surely that must be more impressive than saying you have 13 sons and one daughter? What do you think Mommy Arndt? :think:

Rick is indeed so very proud of himself for fathering all those kids. I think he believes he's quite the stud for fathering so many sons in particular.

Sadly, years from now that pride will turn to shame after it becomes painfully obvious to even these parents — steeped in their denial—that NONE of them will ever marry. The whole world is beginning to see the full extent of the weirdo factor going on in that family.

Two of Cathy's sisters never married; Jane and Ann. I wonder if the older boys are starting to view them as precursors to their fate.

well they are hanging out with those ladies:

Last night, John, Mark, and I went over to our Aunt Ann and Jane’s house, and they taught us how to play the card game Pinochle. The game was always a mystery to me, so it was great to finally learn how to play!

My grandfather used to play pinochle with his friends. Maybe it's an unfair association, but in my mind, pinochle is an old person's game. At least the Arndt boys will have something to play with besides stuffed penguins and legos when they are single elderly men.

Archived