IGNORED

Can Christians tweet hate? CNN piece.

IamCanadian

I read that this morning. Very good, I thought. He is right about the Pharisee thing. If there was one thing the JC did not tolerate it was the high and mighties walking around and proclaiming that everyone was "doing it wrong" which basically describes all the fundies we snark on here.

Wow, that really made me step back and think about some things I've posted just here. I do consider myself a Christian who just got fed up with organized religion because of all the hypocrisy I saw and experienced. Now I feel kind of uncomfortable and kind of like a Pharisee. I try to live the golden rule and I've been pretty hateful to Josh, the Arndts, and the public officials in Arkansas, plus I'm sure more than a few other people. I don't want to be like the Duggars and their like minded ilk. This just makes me uncomfortable with myself. I'm not sure what the difference is between me posting my thoughts and just thinking them in my head. It's probably equally bad, but it just feels worse to be able to go back through my post history and physically see my thoughts. This is just too much before my second cup of clarity bringing coffee.

Wow, that really made me step back and think about some things I've posted just here. I do consider myself a Christian who just got fed up with organized religion because of all the hypocrisy I saw and experienced. Now I feel kind of uncomfortable and kind of like a Pharisee. I try to live the golden rule and I've been pretty hateful to Josh, the Arndts, and the public officials in Arkansas, plus I'm sure more than a few other people. I don't want to be like the Duggars and their like minded ilk. This just makes me uncomfortable with myself. I'm not sure what the difference is between me posting my thoughts and just thinking them in my head. It's probably equally bad, but it just feels worse to be able to go back through my post history and physically see my thoughts. This is just too much before my second cup of clarity bringing coffee.

I don't know. To me, hate is vastly different than being critical about and disagreeing with someone. The hate that I think this pastor is referring to is closer to the Westboro Baptist Church / Zsu Zsu-type hatred , which seems to exist well outside WBC and Zsu Zsu,

Although I'm critical of most of the fundies we discuss here, I honestly can't say that I feel hatred towards them.

(For the record, I don't consider myself a Christian. More of a lapsed Catholic)

I don't know. To me, hate is vastly different than being critical about and disagreeing with someone. The hate that I think this pastor is referring to is closer to the Westboro Baptist Church / Zsu Zsu-type hatred , which seems to exist well outside WBC and Zsu Zsu,

Although I'm critical of most of the fundies we discuss here, I honestly can't say that I feel hatred towards them.

(For the record, I don't consider myself a Christian. More of a lapsed Catholic)

I dont hate them. I pity them. I think many started out with good intentions. Many may still have good intentions.

I'm an athiest, but was raised in the High Anglican faith, with a lot of exposure to the Catholic faith too (Mum is high Anglican, Dad was Catholic before he lost his faith, although he keeps telling me he intends to return to his faith).

Snarking on absolute misinterpretation of the intent of the bible, or specific lines of the text a la the Duggars and other Fundies, is perfectly okay.

Someone has to stand up and point out the hypocrisy, lies, and worshipping of false idols (Gothard etc) that Fundieism is rife with. I live with the hope that the general population who watch 19KAC etc and see wholesome perfect families will come here and see that maybe patriarchy has a dark side.

Snarking does not make you a bad Christian - it makes you one who has questioned your faith and ultimately made you more secure in your beliefs and your commitment to ensuring Jesus' teachings remain in the spirit of what he intended.

I don't hate them either really. I guess it's like love the sinner hate the sin. I feel better about what I've said for the most part after my second cup of sanity. I confused my natural smart assed nature for hatefulness. I'm not being hateful; merely writing what I would truly say if I could have a sit down with them. I'd rephrase not to be a jerk, but I'd still ask pretty much the same things and say the same stuff. There, now I feel better. I can't get through the day without a few rationalizations before noon ;)

Shouldn't you speak out against members of your own faith who want to remove rights from others? One of the reasons that the right wing has spread so much in America is because liberal Christians don't speak out against them.

Although I don't hate most fundies, I do detest their belief system.

I hate them. I have not seen a single one who isn't a child abuser. Many of them also try to restrict the rights and freedoms of other people. They are the pinnacle of the pure evil that is religion.

Archived