IGNORED

Guess What Fundies? Christians Aren't More Generous

GolightlyGrrl

After working in a restaurant for years, this is not a surprise. If they pray, you're not getting any pay!

When people say christians give more to charity, does that include money they give to church?

If you get good service the decent thing to do is leave a good tip. I always make an effort to tip generously when served.

Similarly, church members were encouraged to take care of the elderly and ill—but only those within the church community or those being targeted for conversion

I noticed that a lot growing up.

"After working in a restaurant for years, this is not a surprise. If they pray, you're not getting any pay!"

Ain't that the truth? Sunday afternoons were always the worst shift and anybody who could avoid them did. After church groups of HUGE parties of insanely inconsiderate people who don't know how to act in restaurants, harrass the staff, complain about the food even when there's nothing wrong with it (thinks it makes them look important), stay WAY after finishing their food and tie up the tables, and leave a totally crappy tip or none at all.

No matter what anyone says about tips being for good service (and the only people I know who go on about that are cheapskates looking for an excuse not to tip), the fact is that in the US a tip is part of the cost of a restaurant meal. If you can't afford to tip or don't want to, then eat at home or go to a self-service buffet. THe only excuse not to leave a good tip is when a server is blatantly rude. In my experience, tips were the same regardless of the service, how busy the restaurant was, whatever. Decent people leave decent tips and nasty morons don't.

Archived