IGNORED

5 Broken Cameras

Dev83

I am putting this here instead of in Worldy Distractions because it has to do with Jewish fundamentalism (and als, a bit with Muslim fundamentalism).This documentary is nominated for an Oscar this year, and was incredibly well done. We just watched it on Saturday and it enraged both H and me.

It is the story of a regular man, his family and his friends who live in the West Bank on the Palestinian side. The movie documents the ever increasing Jewish settlements which destroyed the land that they farmed. The filmaker hought his first camera to document the birth of his 4th son, but quickly began filming the protests that erupted as a result of the settlements and the wall that was built (all of which were non-violent on the Palenstinian side). It was incredibly moving and really made you question WTF Isreal is doing and helped me to understand what drives segments of the population to terrorism. The long and short is that the Isreali settlers feel entitled to the land because the bible said that they should be there.

Any one else see this yet? Thoughts?

I am putting this here instead of in Worldy Distractions because it has to do with Jewish fundamentalism (and als, a bit with Muslim fundamentalism).This documentary is nominated for an Oscar this year, and was incredibly well done. We just watched it on Saturday and it enraged both H and me.

It is the story of a regular man, his family and his friends who live in the West Bank on the Palestinian side. The movie documents the ever increasing Jewish settlements which destroyed the land that they farmed. The filmaker hought his first camera to document the birth of his 4th son, but quickly began filming the protests that erupted as a result of the settlements and the wall that was built (all of which were non-violent on the Palenstinian side). It was incredibly moving and really made you question WTF Isreal is doing and helped me to understand what drives segments of the population to terrorism. The long and short is that the Isreali settlers feel entitled to the land because the bible said that they should be there.

Any one else see this yet? Thoughts?

Sounds very interesting. Alas, my laptop is ridiculously uncooperative when it comes to downloading things. May try and have a look on my phone to see if it's available on itunes.

I've seen the trailer and would love to see it! Is it streaming anywhere online (with English subtitles)? (I've only seen the streaming of an Arab version with Hebrew subtitles).

We rented it off Amazon streaming, so hopefully it will be on iTunes too :)

Ooo, didn't know you could rent things from Amazon! As I said, I'm absolutely crap when it comes to things like this :oops:

Off to have a look.

EDIT: Just checked, and it's available through LoveFilm. Have been meaning to sign up for that for ages, so will put that on my list for the weekend :)

I've seen the trailer and would love to see it! Is it streaming anywhere online (with English subtitles)? (I've only seen the streaming of an Arab version with Hebrew subtitles).

Yep, Amazon has it to rent for 4 days ($3.99) streaming w/ English subtitles

Archived