IGNORED

Duggars buy Bates a $1300 camera

denimjumper

Here's my take: It was a nice gift regardless of price. I have always said the Duggars seem very sincere in their giving and take the flack that comes with their visible gifts.

I agree, they have always seemed sincere in this area to me.

why give it away instead of seeing if there is another budding photographer in one of the howlers?

Probably because 1) the howlers have grown up with new stuff, and like any kid, don't want their siblings' cast-offs, and/or 2) the howlers already have their own (nicer/newer) cameras that they very carefully don't show them using on the show, to preserve the BRAND.

• 4 years later...

They have/ Jinger has been using a mark II for a long time. I looked at exif data years ago on their website and was shocked they had such an expensive camera (and we're still taking such crapy pictures).

Maybe it was left by the production crew or maybe they just came across it in a thrift store who knows. It's not Jingers camera though.

They have/ Jinger has been using a mark II for a long time. I looked at exif data years ago on their website and was shocked they had such an expensive camera (and we're still taking such crapy pictures).

Maybe it was left by the production crew or maybe they just came across it in a thrift store who knows. It's not Jingers camera though.

Yea I agree - you can't even really find 20s at reputable used dealers anymore, it's that old. I can only find one listing online and it's around $100.

Didn't the Duggars also buy all the supplies for expanding their house? I know regarding the labor, a lot of it was left to the Bates to finish but the Duggars paid for the supplies right?

I am sure JimBob was able to squeeze the costs out of TLC production. Nice that he was thinking of others but I noticed they called Clark in again. I hope he was compensated in more than Jesus points.

Who cares! How many Duggars ate at that wedding? You are supposed to show up with a gift that offsets your gluttony. If they had given them a set of handtowels people would be harping about how cheap they are.

Are Gil and Kelly Bates the Duggars poor relations, or maybe the Duggar's latest charitable cause? Gil and Kelly seem quite capable of supporting their own family.... they do have college degrees, after all. At what point do the Bates tell the Duggars to back off and take care of their OWN family?

Now that little tidbit I did not know.

I think they have received a lot of swag over the years. This camera might have been an extra one they had floating around or in storage, so they pulled it out and gifted it.

Archived