IGNORED

Sarah at heartsdesire truly has no heart (or brain)

twin2

ZsuZsu wannabe Sarah over at heartsdesire is disgusted. She has taken offense to a video posted by an candidate for Ireland's presidency talking about the high rate of suicide in young homosexuals males. Of course Sarah knows exactly why this is

Has he never considered that the inescapable guilt that racks most homosexuals, comes from the knowledge that they are acting against God?

Some wise anonymous soul calls her out in the comments:

And I suppose YOU never consider that the high suicide rates among homosexuals might be because a significant percentage of society treats them like they're less than human and deserve to be mocked and vilified because of something that they can't change?

To which her royal highness vileness replies:

Anon - No I don't consider that, that is a legitimate reason. Though your comment did highlight another possible reason for increased risk of suicide amongst homosexuals. Perhaps those people who CHOOSE such a lifestyle are already mentally unstable?

A person living as a sodomite is also at a greater risk of becoming a child abuser and/or dying of a sexually transmitted disease. It is a disgusting way to live.

No matter how hard I try, there is just no way I can comprehend how someone can get to this level of hate and ignorance. Whatever two consenting adults do in their bedroom has absolutely no affect on her, so why does she devote so much time and energy in hating homosexuals. I can't understand how one can live in peace when they are so all consumed with hate.

ETA: Forgot the link in case anyone wants to go read her vileness (hmm, I kind of like the phrase her vileness)

sarah-heartsdesire.blogspot.com/2011/07/lesbian-goldfishmore-wonderful.html

Seriously, no matter how many times you remind people that statistically, most pedophiles are heterosexual white males they just insist on pushing their agenda.

I am now physically ill from this bullshit.

I have a lot of gay friends. They're the nicest people I know, and all of them are fairly mentally healthy but for the discrimination and hate they face. That's what causes the mental illness, is the hate, and being told that they are an abomination to God.

Several of them responded to fundies' bigotry by abandoning religion altogether. I have to admit, seeing the hate against gay people ended my fundie-lite days pretty fucking quick. I don't know how homophobes can call themselves Christian, as bigotry is definitely not the message Jesus preached.

I always wonder what these people think of heterosexual sodomy.

HeartsDesire's background looks kind of interesting to me. Based on skimming her blog it looks like she's only been fundie for a few years, and I'd like to know what caused her to switch to the dark side.

Some of those folks - Zsuzsanna and her fangrrl, for example - are so awful. First of all, almost all the available evidence suggests homosexuality is innate (or, maybe for some, the result of a formative experience that happened well before the concept of choice would ever become an issue).

Male homosexuals do appear to be at greater risk for some diseases, maybe because the upper anal canal is a mucus membrane with few natural defenses. The best ways to prevent disease transmission, in any population gay or straight, are to promote condom-use and monogamy (e.g., through marriage equality).

It also doesn't help that some homosexuals might internalize negative stereotypes.

Interesting fact: Joshua Phelps Roper, son of the infamous Shirley Phelps Roper, recently appeared on Kevin Smith's podcast. He had participated in funeral pickets and other anti-gay activities.

His family shunned him after he left fundamentalism, and he told Kevin Smith he then finally understood why gays are more likely to commit suicide - because to admit who they are sometimes means their support networks will abandon them.

HeartsDesire's background looks kind of interesting to me. Based on skimming her blog it looks like she's only been fundie for a few years, and I'd like to know what caused her to switch to the dark side.

I've read a little bit of Fart's Desire's blog, and IIRC, she has a section explaining how she came to Christianity Fundieism. I believe she was a single mother and was having a rough go at things. Then her fundie husband swooped in and saved her life. Now of course, she despises everything about her former life--the premarital sex, the "living off the government", etc. Basically, she had her fun, and when she was done, she decided it was her right to be nasty to everyone who didn't go along with her new way of thinking.

The best ways to prevent disease transmission, in any population gay or straight, are to promote condom-use and monogamy (e.g., through marriage equality).

Absolutely encourage safer sex practices, but please don't assume monogamy is one of them. Plenty of us poly folks know about STDs and the prevention thereof. Testing prior to the dropping of barrier methods is not uncommon, and I personally get tested even when I know none of us have had the time, energy, or inclination to screw around. Baseline firmly established.

As for marriage equality, it only works as a preventative measure if the partners involved agree to behave like monogamously married people, or at least responsibly non-monogamous ones. A piece of paper won't fix a relationship where one or more partners completely disregard the health of the others for the sake of getting their rocks off.

I have looked at Sarah's blog before and her hatred disgusts me. I also hate when some people say that gay men are likely to become child molesters. I have heard and read various statistics over the years but I remember that it is only 5-7% percent of child molesters said they were gay. Sarah should do some research child molestation cases and offenders. She would be shocked by some of the men who commit these crimes. I believe the molester Ellie Nesler killed had a wife or an ex-wife. Ellie's son was the victim.

I've read a little bit of Fart's Desire's blog, and IIRC, she has a section explaining how she came to Christianity Fundieism. I believe she was a single mother and was having a rough go at things. Then her fundie husband swooped in and saved her life. Now of course, she despises everything about her former life--the premarital sex, the "living off the government", etc. Basically, she had her fun, and when she was done, she decided it was her right to be nasty to everyone who didn't go along with her new way of thinking.

Reminds me of Kelly from Generation Cedar. Of course they are also trying overly hard to prove they can pass the fundie litmus test.

I'd love to know what proof she has that gay people are more likely to be child abusers? The majority of kids in foster care in the US are there because of their straight parents, who abused and neglected them.

I'm disgusted. My husband and I know a lesbian who committed suicide. She actually was the one who introduced us to each other. Even if she had a nice life here in the big city with her girlfriend, and everyone at work accepted her sexual orientation, she came from a small town where she had been bullied during her teenage years, and the wounds never healed.

Reminds me of Kelly from Generation Cedar. Of course they are also trying overly hard to prove they can pass the fundie litmus test.

I'd love to know what proof she has that gay people are more likely to be child abusers? The majority of kids in foster care in the US are there because of their straight parents, who abused and neglected them.

I also wondered about that but she presented no proof. If she did present proof later on, I bet it would be from a some religious organization. Years ago, there were a few Christians organizations that lied about a large percentage of molesters being gay or abusing children.

I have looked at Sarah's blog before and her hatred disgusts me. I also hate when some people say that gay men are likely to become child molesters. I have heard and read various statistics over the years but I remember that it is only 5-7% percent of child molesters said they were gay. Sarah should do some research child molestation cases and offenders. She would be shocked by some of the men who commit these crimes. I believe the molester Ellie Nesler killed had a wife or an ex-wife. Ellie's son was the victim.

they think gayness is a choice so to them child molesting is a choice too. most people don't really understand human sexuality and if you throw religion in the mix they are totally ignorant.

Absolutely encourage safer sex practices, but please don't assume monogamy is one of them. Plenty of us poly folks know about STDs and the prevention thereof. Testing prior to the dropping of barrier methods is not uncommon, and I personally get tested even when I know none of us have had the time, energy, or inclination to screw around. Baseline firmly established.

I suppose a better term than monogamy would be an 'exclusive network' of relationships where fidelity, or at least a commitment to safe sex, is encouraged. (I don't know enough about polyamorous [?] relationships to make any really definitive statements regarding the best way to practice safe sex in that context.)

And while I agree that monogamy isn't proof against STD's, because one or both partners can cheat, I still maintain faithful monogamous relationships are a solid defense against most STDs. (Even then, a partner can introduce STDs that have long dormancy or latency periods.)

Static polygamous relationships would be about the same, except more people means more opportunity for unfaithfulness.

When I've seen fundies talk about it, they say it is not allowed.

I know two very gay Catholic guys - one I've known for a long time and is one of my best friends. He left Protestantism behind because so many of the conservative evangelicals wouldn't accept him/that it wasn't a choice, while the Catholics accepted him completely into the church, openly gay and all. Thankfully, even though his father wasn't supportive, all of us (and our parents) were and he had another group of supportive friends in college to be there for him. I love how so many mainstream protestants are moving towards being open and accepting - at the Lutheran church I went to in Montreal, there was a gay married couple, and both men were heavily involved in church things and nobody ever treated them any differently. In terms of this creature and other like-minded people such as the Phelps, I'm just appalled at how hate-filled they are - the Bible speaks against hate WAY more than against homosexuality - I'm of the historical perspective where the two verses allegedly against homosexuality are actually against specific pagan rituals. And even if I'm wrong about that, it's still wrong to be filled with such judgmental hatred. "Judge not lest ye be judged."

(And no, I don't claim to be perfectly nonjudgmental, but I'm only human. I sure do try!)

they think gayness is a choice so to them child molesting is a choice too. most people don't really understand human sexuality and if you throw religion in the mix they are totally ignorant.

Um, you better believe child molesting is a choice, and it has nothing to do with sexual preference. Saying that child molesters can't help what they're doing is completely wrong, and dangerous.

If you believe that pedophiles are all gay men, then by keeping your children away from gay men you can protect them from pedophiles. It's a lie people tell themselves to make the world less scary.

If you believe that pedophiles are all gay men, then by keeping your children away from gay men you can protect them from pedophiles. It's a lie people tell themselves to make the world less scary.

But the world gets scary again when a straight man molests their kids. Whoops. Time to lock them in a little bubble!

She's disgusting, to me.

Exactly. Homophobes make me barf. I mean, really, if she wants to be a homophobe, fine, but don't do it in public. It's gross, and I don't want to have to explain it to my kid. :snooty:

But seriously, it really is disgusting. Someone tried to pick a fight about same-sex marriage on my Facebook page, and I really don't have the patience for it.

But the world gets scary again when a straight man molests their kids. Whoops. Time to lock them in a little bubble!

I heard one story on this subject that would make me laugh at the irony, if it weren't such horrible and heartbreaking subject matter. Apparently, a few years ago a little girl in the foster care system was set to be adopted by two gay men. Some conservative in the state government fought the adoption tooth and nail, won, and he and his wife adopted the little girl themselves. Fast forward a few years and that conservative was arrested for molesting the little girl. Blows my mind how stupid people can be about this sort of thing.

I heard one story on this subject that would make me laugh at the irony, if it weren't such horrible and heartbreaking subject matter. Apparently, a few years ago a little girl in the foster care system was set to be adopted by two gay men. Some conservative in the state government fought the adoption tooth and nail, won, and he and his wife adopted the little girl themselves. Fast forward a few years and that conservative was arrested for molesting the little girl. Blows my mind how stupid people can be about this sort of thing.

That story is very heartbreaking.

She called us out in the comments. I'm trembling from her words.

Yeah. Right.

Archived