IGNORED

definition of spousal rape

Maggie Mae

Guest Anonymous

On the plus side, at the time that I'm posting, all of the comments are taking him to task for being a douchecanoe. A little of my faith in humanity lives on!

susanne wrote on Jul 19, 2011 8:35 PM:

" This article is offensive. The pastor needs to reassess what he has written. The Frontiersman needs to reassess its standards for faith based opinion columns. I will no longer subscribe to this paper. I am ashamed that this came from one of our own from the valley. "

btyhdbbs wrote on Jul 19, 2011 10:34 AM:

" It's people like you dear pastor Ron that makes me not want to attend church. I was a victem of domestic violence. And I was raped by my husband for almost 3yrs until I was brave enough to leave. I can just imagine what your marriage is like if you think like this.

Christianity is not ruining America, it's people like you and the various religious nuts who still think like this. "

dvenie wrote on Jul 19, 2011 9:20 AM:

" "The sad part is that it is this kind of Christianity that is ruining America. " No, actually it's YOUR kind of Christianity that is ruining America. There are so many things in this article that are so far from God's heart I don't even know where to begin... "

A Veteran wrote on Jul 19, 2011 8:44 AM:

" When I read this I was stunned . Are you for real ? Dude ,this is NOT 43 BC . Your views on women are so archaic ,it is disgusting . I can't write any more on this . Why ? Because I'm steaming mad . And the words I would like to use would ban me from this site for life . "

kelleyg wrote on Jul 19, 2011 8:39 AM:

" Wow, no wonder women do not come to you (Ron Hamman) for counseling. FYI, "sexual needs" have nothing to do with abuse and rape, unless maybe that is your definition of sexual needs.......

As a spiritual counselor maybe you should pull your head out of your (insert word here) and open your eyes to the real word of control and violence and control through that violence, unfiltered by some mumbo-jumbo from a book.

Question: If your god condones physical or mental abuse and/or rape of any of his subjects, male or female,why on earth would you devote your life to it?

Life is too short and way too precious to give even a minute of it up to abuse! "

So in his mind.. we should become like the Middle Eastern countries who require women to present a witness to her rape... seriously? Who rapes someone with a few witnesses around? If that were the case, NO ONE would be convicted of rape.. because while one person MAY notice something strange in a large area.. highly unlikely you'll have two or three. His line of thinking is idiotic.

I wonder how often he rapes his own wife. My guess would be quite often.

The definition of spousal rape - She says no and the husband coerces, shames, guilts or forces her to have sex anyway. Period.

I don't even.... o.o

This guy needs to be put out of his misery, and his wife (if he even has one anymore!) and children hidden from him.

I can't fucking believe this. It's 2011. We understand now that "no" means "no," even if it's your wife or girlfriend.

Also, the use of the Corinthians verse "Let the husband render..." also, using his logic, would permit a woman to rape her husband...

Thus, if these allegations of spousal rape are due to the wife withholding herself in attempt to control or punish her husband, she is out of line with God. And it doesn’t matter how many laws are passed, it will just be another reason why God will not bless America.

:shock:

According to this guy, rape that occurs because the victim isn't putting out enough should not be persecuted. Rape is not caused because the victim is not sexual enough. Rape is about power and humiliating the victim

At the beginning of the article he mentions Lara Logan. What does her experience in Egypt have to do with spousal rape? Yes, she was sexually assaulted but she wasn't married to her attackers. I don't see the connection.

And while I understand that in Alaska the lone female is able to convict her alleged perpetrator, this goes contrary to the Bible. In the book of Deuteronomy we find the following: “One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.â€

There are many problems with using the Old Testament for modern society. In cases of rape, how do you find two or three observers of rape who aren't themselves guilty of the attack? Most rapes are not carried out in public so there aren't witnesses. Plus, he seems to be ignoring the fact that sometimes there is clear evidence of an attack. Under his system, no woman would ever have any justice for rape, at all.

Second the bible has some pretty terrible rules for rape victim. Hopefully, he doesn't want us to follow any of them

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Rape is prosecuted the same way other crimes are. You need more than just the woman's word. Do people get that? There needs to be physical evidence of a sexual encounter and evidence of coercion or force. A woman's word is not enough, just like the victim's word is usually not enough in any prosecution.

Honestly, people think that a man will go to jail for 25 to life just because a woman says so. It isn't like that at all. That whole 'beyond a reasonable doubt' clause stills applies. If there is even a reasonable doubt, there is no conviction.

In Biblical times, they did not have DNA tests and women who were raped did not go to an ER to get checked, so it was different.

The next question we need to ask is to whom does the body belong? While in our day of feminism it is asserted that a woman’s body is her own. Biblically speaking, this is only true prior to marriage, for in Paul’s first epistle to the Corinthians we read:

“Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.â€

Welp, I'll just stay single so I can keep control of my body, thank you very much.

This kind of shit is the death rattle of patriarchy and the sound of a thousand privileged (and presumably hetero, cis, and white) males running scared because they won't be King Shit of Turd Mountain any more.

I've been a victim of spousal rape during nearly a decade, and find this appalling. A human being doesn't "belong" to another human being. Period. I don't care what a book written 2000 years ago says.

Good ole Phyllis Schlafly said once a woman gets married she consents to sex so a wife can't really be raped by her husband. You would think a lawyer would know the difference between sex and rape. But then again Phyllis is a bitch.

Archived