IGNORED

How much longer? - Duggars

luckylassie

How much longer do you think we will be seeing/hearing about the Duggars? One year? Two? Five? Do you think that we will know about every single future Duggar Child on the Today show for decades to come? :snooty:

However long it is it will be too long. They have never interested me and kind of make me ill. I wish they'd fall into oblivion.

I give them one, maybe two more years, and they'll be old news. Their show is already tired and boring. How many times can you watch someone do laundry or go to the dentist?

Can't wait until it's over. Then the real money can be made in tell-all books, which I will eagerly buy to support the cause.

Unless they're hiding something "big" for a season ending show, I hope this is the last year. We get--they pack a ton of stuff, eat a ton, etc. Show us something new--not another made-for-tv-field-trip or something Horrible Nasty Woman and her many children have done, but something NEW.

Hey Sean or Scott--he's a few ideas:

1. Take Hannie--Jason to spend a day in an age-appropriate classroom at a local school.

2. Send us with John for a day of towing and fires.

3. Let us see some of the college work the girls are doing.

4. Show us a real Sunday of home church

5. Let us see what Joe and Josiah are working toward in the way of a business (septic tank service anyone?)

I think two years at most. Ratings have been going down and if you go on other forums that discuss the Duggars most of those people are already tiring of the show. I have noticed that many people online have saying that they feel a lot of things on the show are staged(which they probably are) If Michelle doesn't become pregnant with #20 in a year, I can see TLC pulling the plug.

Once TLC pulls the plug, other media outlets will lose interest in the Duggars. I think after the show ends, TLC will wait five years and do "Where are the Duggars Now?" documentaries.

Unless they're hiding something "big" for a season ending show, I hope this is the last year. We get--they pack a ton of stuff, eat a ton, etc. Show us something new--not another made-for-tv-field-trip or something Horrible Nasty Woman and her many children have done, but something NEW.

Hey Sean or Scott--he's a few ideas:

1. Take Hannie--Jason to spend a day in an age-appropriate classroom at a local school.

2. Send us with John for a day of towing and fires.

3. Let us see some of the college work the girls are doing.

4. Show us a real Sunday of home church

5. Let us see what Joe and Josiah are working toward in the way of a business (septic tank service anyone?)

It was posted somewhere on FJ yuku or maybe here, that a CollegeMinus coach or intern was staying with the Duggars. Maybe they will show her working with the girls which might be boring or entertaining if we find out that Boob and Michelle's homeschooling curriculum excluded certain things.

I also give it another year, but I'm sure that JimBoob will find another way to get his family to the spotlight. Maybe this will be the time when the older girls are starting to blog.. it seems like its quite necessary for fundie royalty that the SAHDs blog about how much they love life bla bla bla

I think the show will last another year or two, and after that we won't hear as much about the children getting married or having children. (Or rather, us internet savvy people will have to investigate harder to find the info). But even ten years down the road if anything scandalous happened, like one of the Howlers robbing a liquor store, it would be big news.

Well we just saw yet another dentist episode, so they are already scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I think they will simply fade away, until Josh and Anna get divorced and make into the tabloids but no further.

If one of the daughters runs away, TLC might make a tv show out of that, much to JB's protest.

There's a 50/50 chance that after the show ends, some of the other kids getting married will get their own one-time specials on TLC.

Although right now I could only see Jill wanting that.. the rest of the older ones will be happy to be off television. It will probably make them more attractive to a courtship.

I could also imagine that after the show ends there will be a few specials about Anna and Smuggar. And update after every second or third child and maybe another moving special like JimBooB and J'chelle had.

But what will happen to cousin Amy when the show ends and her 15 min of "fame" will also come to an end????

Well, the Roloffs finally got cancelled, and now (UGH) they're "back" with four "specials" later this year. Of course, Matt is trying to make it seem like they're doing them because EVERYONE wanted to know what was going on with them. Scuttlebutt is that he was desperate to keep the paychecks and publicity going, and was practically camped out on TLC's doorstep.

I'm sure JB will do everything he can to keep his brood on TV, including risking Michelle's life with another pregnancy (heck, it's not like HE'S the one who has to suffer, ya know?). After all, Anna's given birth on TV twice now - unless they have her deliver by the side of the road next time, the interest factor just isn't there...

I also think he'd marry off one of the girls if he thought that was the only way to keep things going. John-David wouldn't be nearly so exciting, because Smuggar's already been there, done that. And JD isn't nearly the self-centered prig that Josh is. Can you imagine "The Talk" delivered to one of the girls? Of course, the hubs would have to be someone willing to remain on the compound and join the circus - can't actually let any of those girls get away.

I think JB and Matt are cut from the same cloth. Greedy, shameless attention whores, both of 'em...just what TLC loves. So we can only hope...

I think they'll be on TV for another 2-3 years. They've recently said that a big trip is in the works, and trips usually signify the beginning of the end for TLC reality shows. I don't think that that'll be the last we'll hear of them, though. I think that they truly believe that they're spreading God's word (and I'm sure the money and influence is nice, too), so I think they'll try to milk it for all its worth. After the show, I think they'll continue to write books and speak at conferences for as long as they can. After that, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to venture into politics.

There have been talks of abut Smuggar venturing into politics. But time will tell if Smugs will actually do it. I also heard about the upcoming Roloffs special. I heard some rumors that TLC canned LPBW early because of complaints against Matt involving a few little people organizations. Matt is a like Boob. They love money and attention. If I had to choose between Matt/Amy and Boob/Mullett, I would go with Matt and Amy.

Guest Anonymous

I think there is a very real possibility of 19 Kids and Counting being down away with, but J&A having their own show, with specials for weddings of the others...or birth announcements from J'Chelle.

Even if TLC drops them, fringe outlets and Fox News will still pay attention to them which means that we will still hear about them.

They did show the home church once in the special and then again when they used that old house- I believe

It is shown at 5:43 :)

I love how the voiceover says they get together on Sundays and then Jim Bob and Michelle always say they have home church on Saturday hmmm

Also,

They won't be going off the air anytime soon. The Duggars have a 'wall' at TLC

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=600405994604&oid=174015830520&comments

Even if TLC drops them, fringe outlets and Fox News will still pay attention to them which means that we will still hear about them.

I think we will still hear about them through those outlets but I don't think it will be too often.

Archived