IGNORED

Brandy's videos make me sad.

Witsec6

I seriously feel sorry for her kids she reminds me so much of Emily. She also said she blocked out the majority of her childhood and her dad almost named her after an alcoholic drink it sounds like she had a pretty rocky childhood.

I seriously feel sorry for her kids she reminds me so much of Emily. She also said she blocked out the majority of her childhood and her dad almost named her after an alcoholic drink it sounds like she had a pretty rocky childhood.

Yes! She is a bit like Emily in that she seems lonely and also seems to be married to someone who isn't intellectually her equal, although her kids seem well-fed to me, and she mentions that she does a lot of cooking. I'm not sure if she deliberately misunderstood the question "Why don't you do anything outside the house?" or if she really thought people were asking if she ever went outside.

I've never read her blog but..."almost" named her after an alcoholic drink? Her is Brandy.

He wanted to name her Whiskey Sour.

I haven't read recently, but she is a very sad, confused, hurt person. In some ways, that makes me sad, but in other ways it comes out as her defensiveness and victimization in just about every other word she says. It sucks to have had a miserable childhood. It is something you live and deal with for life. It is painful to have bad choices and decisions in your past. Bad relationships, bad choices, bad behaviors and actions and choices.

It is, without doubt, difficult and painful to move on from who your parents are and what their choices were and how they affected you, as well as the choices you make yourself. I'm in my freaking 40's and live with that every second of every day.

Everything is lost, though, when it is an excuse or justification. My parents sucked and I made bad choices as a 20 year old. I live with all of that, but none is the reason I do what I do now unless it's the reason I refuse to 'go there''; not wanting to be a victim or use excuses or blame others. I feel it, I live with it, I deal with it. I don't choose to use it as the reason I am who I am and it most definitely is not - by conscious choice - not an excuse for a damned thing.

They recently had a 'falling out' with HIS family; the only ones left who gave them the time of day. It happened because his sister twittered that her niece was coming to spend a month with them - the sister and parents. Brandy went off on the horrible parenting of a mother who would leave her children for a month and she went ape shit with her emphasis - ALL CAPS - about how she is a real parent and would NEVER leave her children for a month. There was some back and forth where the sister attempted to explain, but Brandy got more defensive and flat out nasty. The sister deleted her Twitter. Brandy then twittered a few things about right versus wrong parenting, then horrible relatives who offended HER and were persecuting her...

She lives on the defensive and MAKES issues out of life. She needs someone, anyone, to validate her, approve of her, defend her...all things we all need. They just go over the edge when they don't get it - even when they set up ample opportunity for it.

Yeah, it's sad. But, it's also damn crazy.

"My dad was an alcoholic so I am messed up" is an excuse once you have had the time to live and learn and grown. It won't go away, but if you're still fucked up because your father was fucked up, even after you have a spouse and children, you're either using/making excuses or refuse to deal with what is/was fact.

How old is she? I just watched the first video and I can't decide if she is 25 or 40. I didn't like the "its hot so we stay inside all summer" or "we have no van,so when we get a van again we can go to the pioneer museum AGAIN or maybe the park". WTF? Get those kids outside,do SOMETHING! At least in the shade! Its cold here for 8 months too,but you better believe we are outside on any hot, nice days!

They are late 20's, early 30's. Even when they had a vehicle they didn't go anywhere. She professes her love and adoration of winter and snow. But, it is always too cold to go out and play in it with the kids. Summer is about suffering. Last year she said they bought chairs so they could be outside and there were a few pictures of her kids playing in their yard. Eventually, though, they stayed inside because it was too dirty outside to bother and their neighbors were evil. The neighbors grilled out when it wasn't convenient for Brandy to smell it; they had guests when Brandy was pissed that they parked near her house; they were out on their porch talking and daring to play music at 6pm when Brandy was serving dinner. They were beings that she couldn't allow her children to see so everyone stayed inside and was blessed with being able to tolerate the heat and not be harmed by the awful, selfish, inconsiderate, non-Christian neighbors.

I`m LOLing that she lists Fox News under her `Lovely Places`sidebar heading. There are lots of adjectives I would use to describe Fox news, and lovely is definitely not one of them.

I haven't been to Brandy's blog in a while. She keeps changing her blog address and I can't keep up! She seems very likable and honest although confused about what she believes. I have not seen the video in question, but from pictures and posts in the past the neighborhood did not look very safe. That may be an underlying reason she doesn't take them outside much.

They are late 20's, early 30's. Even when they had a vehicle they didn't go anywhere. She professes her love and adoration of winter and snow. But, it is always too cold to go out and play in it with the kids. Summer is about suffering. Last year she said they bought chairs so they could be outside and there were a few pictures of her kids playing in their yard. Eventually, though, they stayed inside because it was too dirty outside to bother and their neighbors were evil. The neighbors grilled out when it wasn't convenient for Brandy to smell it; they had guests when Brandy was pissed that they parked near her house; they were out on their porch talking and daring to play music at 6pm when Brandy was serving dinner. They were beings that she couldn't allow her children to see so everyone stayed inside and was blessed with being able to tolerate the heat and not be harmed by the awful, selfish, inconsiderate, non-Christian neighbors.

I worked with a woman like that. Except she was not fundie. In summer she would ask for winter. In Winter she would ask for summer. From day 1. Yes. She changed apartment every single year. She was not a very good worker (IMO), very slow learner and slow worker... anyway. Those are perpetually unsatisfied people who think that the only way to get attention is to complain about every single issue even though it does not actualy bother them that much except it's just not what they'd do at that single second.

Okay she's down with 'Yeshua' and headcovers, AND she's quiverful?? I know they're not exactly mutually exclusive, but how would the two mesh together? I'm definately not as scholarly as some of you, especially when it comes to the bible, maybe someone out there can shed some light on how you can meld quiverfull with mesianiac/psuedo-jewish beliefs??

Ok I think I aswered my own question. I read her 'welcome' posts and she says that the Old Testament is just as important as the New Testament, I guess thats how they can be into Yeshua and quiverfull at the same time. Still confusing as hell to me!

One great thing I noticed is that they have a "gentle parenting" tequnique - they don't spank. Good on her, for once with these crazy ass fundies.

Just looking again and I remember someone recently posted pics of her house tour. She lives in a trailer, I assume in a trailer park, so she probably has some neighbors that are hard to take with her beliefs. Not saying everyone in a trailer park is white trash. I know some of you here live in trailers, just saying I cannot see someone with her beliefs being comfortable living in a trailer park where I am willing to bet there aren't many with her beliefs hanging around. The trailer parks around here are mostly white trash, bikers, or used as camps if located in the mountains. I am going by what I see.

Archived