IGNORED

His reward -There's just something creepy about this post...

Lady Elaine

daughtersofvision.blogspot.com/2011/07/his-reward.html

Maybe it's the baby's strange expressions. Maybe its the way they're propping his tiny head up out of that huge collar. Maybe it's they way he's being presented as some sort of a prize. His reward? Why not her reward? Or maybe both the wife and baby are his reward. Why does anyone have to be a reward at all? And what did this dude with bad hair do to deserve a reward? Or are they somehow talking about Jesus here?

lmao. I'm not really one to laugh at babies but oh dear. They should have put the little guy in a different outfit. That shirt swallows his head and makes it look really small.

The second picture freaks me out a bit. Poor kid looks a little like a horror movie doll. :scared-yipes: It's the blank expression combined with that tilt of the head.

I think they might be saying that THE LORD has rewarded their marriage with a child? That's it's "HIS reward to THEM" as a couple"????

Typical fundie SOTDT confusion of pronouns perhaps..

I think they might be saying that THE LORD has rewarded their marriage with a child? That's it's "HIS reward to THEM" as a couple"????

Typical fundie SOTDT confusion of pronouns perhaps..

that's the one.

Cute baby

I'd never read this blog before so I went through some back posts. This one is a gem:

Elizabeth loves to learn which makes it a lot of fun to teach her!

I am excited to be her science teacher for the year. We are using the young explorer series put out by Apologia. This year we chose Botany. This study is very detailed and also very interesting. At this moment we have a bean growing in the sunlight, another in a rarely used kitchen cupboard (with a sign warning everyone to keep the door shut!) and another in the refrigerator. Why not put one in the freezer? Although I imagine we can all guess how well it will grow! :)

I did that in the THIRD grade and Elizabeth looks at least 14. Wow, just wow.

I'd never read this blog before so I went through some back posts. This one is a gem:

Elizabeth loves to learn which makes it a lot of fun to teach her!

I am excited to be her science teacher for the year. We are using the young explorer series put out by Apologia. This year we chose Botany. This study is very detailed and also very interesting. At this moment we have a bean growing in the sunlight, another in a rarely used kitchen cupboard (with a sign warning everyone to keep the door shut!) and another in the refrigerator. Why not put one in the freezer? Although I imagine we can all guess how well it will grow! :)

I did that in the THIRD grade and Elizabeth looks at least 14. Wow, just wow.

My kids did that in first grade.

We did it in the second semester of Biology for Science Majors at UC Davis fwiw.

It is hard to find clothes for a newborn that fit and look just right. All newborns are different and to make a newborn outfit fit perfect one would have to sew the outfit to fit baby. Some of my sons looked like they were drowning in their tops when the pants fit just fine. It's a crap shoot dressing a baby.

I love his hair, 3 of my sons had hair like that and 2 had much, much more.

I love his hair, 3 of my sons had hair like that and 2 had much, much more.

I agree with the cute baby comments. I like his little bird face and quizzical expressions.

My first thought was that there was something not right with the baby, but then I looked at his dad. Poor kid, just takes after his old man.

Guest Anonymous

The baby is a completely adorable sweetie. :D

I read it that the baby's reward is that pair of crazy parents, and wondered what the poor mite had done for that to be his 'consequence'....

I think the baby is a cutie in a giant shirt :)

The website banner, on the other hand... It's like an ad for Ogilvie Home Perms, but with the two on the right as the "before" pictures and the two on the left as the "after" pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaDy8ZmboI

I can't be the only one whose mom naively tried this on them in the early 90s :shock:

(has anyone figured out the youtube button?)

Archived