IGNORED

God's Law is the Only Law: The Genesis of Michele Bachmann

dawn9476

Guest Anonymous

Well, now we know for certain that Bachmann didn't evolve. My pet theory is that evolution took one good look at her and ran screaming in the other direction. It was last heard muttering under its breath "No way, no way in hell!"

Thanks for the link to the article. One really has to be capable of some serious mental gymnastics to wrap one's head around that view of separation of church and state :shock:

This is frightening

Titus contends, however, that religion, as used in the Establishment Clause (“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religionâ€) does not mean, well, a religion. Rather, Titus insists that this clause means that Congress cannot make you do anything that you are otherwise commanded by God to do: in other words, Congress cannot flout God.

Religion, Titus told the IOTC audience, “is the duty which we owe our Creator.†As Julie Ingersoll has described in detail, Rushdoony argued that God granted certain jurisdictional authority to the government, the church, and the family—therefore any government action exceeding its God-granted authority is in violation of God’s commands. Titus says the government has the power to make you, say, pay taxes, but other “duties we owe to God exclusively†cannot be enforced by the government.

In Titus’ view, the First Amendment prohibition against Congress establishing a religion was actually intended to prevent Congress from establishing institutions that he maintains are tantamount to a religion, like public education, or National Public Radio. “I don’t believe what they teach in public schools,†Titus told his IOTC audience. “They don’t even believe in the first thing—that God is the source of knowledge.â€

The subject of politics gives me gas, & I try to avoid it as much as possible, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance. Is Michele Bachmann really a serious contender for president? Are Republicans actually publicly supporting her as one of their better candidates?

Sick to my stomach already -- just reading the first sentence. My cult was in Severn, Maryland. Peroutka was right there in my community, but I knew little to nothing about him until after we left the area in '97. If he was involved, maybe he was too important to attend the Maryland Taxpayer's Party and only went to the National ones. ???

My dad was talking about her last night he is not a fan.

He couldn't understand poeple could be that stupid to listen let alone believe what she says. HAHA

How can she go home at night and be OK with what she says, diffently off the meds.

Christians as second class citizens. Whatever.

These people come off as whiny two-year olds. They didn't get their 2 ton monument to the 10 commandments outside of a courthouse? Whine whine whine everybody hates me whine.

the people who would elect her are the ones that don't believe in woman in any place but the kitchen and bedroom. She should get a sex change real fast. well that is if she is even human I am starting to wonder.

Oh eff no. I am a proud Republican but this crazy bitch does nothing for my party.

I am in a tough spot; while I believe in less government this using the bible for any type of legal reference is an utter fail.

This is the great failing of the GOP. I believe in their fiscal policies; but their moralistic stance needs to be out of government entirely. Help business. Encourage individual freedom. Protect the rights of all. Stay the heck out of women's medical decision and gay rights however. This defense of marriage crap by the GOP needs to go though; if they truly stood for it as the bible says, they would outlaw divorce.

Bachman has no chance, no chance in hell. Look at how hard Palin and Mccain fell, and they were pretty much vetted out. I know I will get a lot of flack for this, but Palin is actually a pretty smart woman (I don't believe being pro-life makes you an idiot)

Bachman is a joke. At this point I believe she is truly a plant to make any other candidate look better....

I'm a registered Republican and I can't stand Bachmann at ALL. She needs to go away.

Is anyone watching The Daily Show tonight? Pure gold.

I DVR the Daily Show and watch them on the weekends. Bachmann is a gift from baby Jesus to Stewart and comedians in general!

Oh eff no. I am a proud Republican but this crazy bitch does nothing for my party.

I am in a tough spot; while I believe in less government this using the bible for any type of legal reference is an utter fail.

This is the great failing of the GOP. I believe in their fiscal policies; but their moralistic stance needs to be out of government entirely. Help business. Encourage individual freedom. Protect the rights of all. Stay the heck out of women's medical decision and gay rights however. This defense of marriage crap by the GOP needs to go though; if they truly stood for it as the bible says, they would outlaw divorce.

Bachman has no chance, no chance in hell. Look at how hard Palin and Mccain fell, and they were pretty much vetted out. I know I will get a lot of flack for this, but Palin is actually a pretty smart woman (I don't believe being pro-life makes you an idiot)

Bachman is a joke. At this point I believe she is truly a plant to make any other candidate look better....

Oh, I don't really believe Palin is an idiot. My problem with her (well, other than almost all of her beliefs) is her almost non-existent relationship with the truth. The woman seems to be a recreational liar. She seems shocked that people actually fact-check her lies and when that happens, she considers herself persecuted by the "lame-stream media". lol

I think she has some sort of personality disorder, actually.

Archived