IGNORED

Oh so much free stuff! What will Kelly @ GC do?

aggythenostic

http://www.generationcedarDOTcom/main/2 ... dship.html

Seriously? She's got so many donations after the tornado that she's planning an ENTIRE ROOM for them?? Yet this lovely Christian 'struggles to get rid of perfectly good clothing':

Ginger mentioned in the last post how many clothes are given to her. We are blessed in the same way. We are given so many wonderful clothes that we rarely need to buy any. But, what if you simply have too many? Honestly, I really struggle to get rid of perfectly good clothing. If you have someone to pass them along to, that may be a good answer.

I really wonder if Kelly knows how she sounds. She's telling everyone how to live, but she never ever considers that everyone doesn't have enough donations of clothing for children she can't freakin' afford to furnish their own "Thrift Shop."

Maybe she could donate the clothes to neighbors who lost their home/belongings and didn't have a gigantic internet following to support her up afterwards? Oh are they not worthy because they took evil FEMA handouts?

And if one of her children should lose a pair of shoes because of their own carelessness (you know, because small children are totally self-sufficient, responsible human beings), she will require them to go to the Crawford Thrift store and buy new pair--that Kelly herself didn't pay for. What an asshole.

She's been posting a lot about "simplifying" lately and I can't decide if it's her way of trying to come to terms with having lost her home and belongings or if she's just being really arrogant about having received so many donations.

Knowing her ~history, I'm inclined to think it's the latter :roll:

She's been posting a lot about "simplifying" lately and I can't decide if it's her way of trying to come to terms with having lost her home and belongings or if she's just being really arrogant about having received so many donations.

Knowing her ~history, I'm inclined to think it's the latter :roll:

I agree. I think is being arrogant about the help she is getting mainly because she wants her followers to look down on FEMA with her.

So, does she think everyone in her situation should've asked for donations as well? Or does she think she's the only one who would've deserved donations anyway? Wow, maybe she'll be reeeeal gracious and let her neighbors shop at her thrift shop, too! :roll:

Wow, maybe she'll be reeeeal gracious and let her neighbors shop at her thrift shop, too! :roll:

This could be a new, lucrative home business for her! She could have one of her kids run it and count it towards homeskool credit! :dance:

So, does she think everyone in her situation should've asked for donations as well? Or does she think she's the only one who would've deserved donations anyway? Wow, maybe she'll be reeeeal gracious and let her neighbors shop at her thrift shop, too! :roll:

I might be wrong but I think she said on her blog that people should seek help from churches or Christian organizations in times of need. I think she gave the same advice for widows.

This could be a new, lucrative home business for her! She could have one of her kids run it and count it towards homeskool credit! :dance:

So that counts for econ, and maybe math, right? :lol:

Okay, so these people's churches have unlimited resources, even though the churches themselves were affected. Gotcha, Kelly. :roll:

Well it sure doesn't sound like she is willing to donate the surplus that was donated to her. That would be to worldly for her to pass the gift of charity forward when we all know Gawd wants her sell it and pocket the money. :roll:

Well it sure doesn't sound like she is willing to donate the surplus that was donated to her. That would be to worldly for her to pass the gift of charity forward when we all know Gawd wants her sell it and pocket the money. :roll:

:oops: And wouldn't that just make all kinds of sense?

And even serve as an example to her faithful hordes????

I didn't follow Kelly before the storms though I am aware of the general FJ attitude toward her. With this latest thing of hers, I not only think you-all are right on but I wonder what her Jane Fangirl, sitting in an uncooled trailer and reading on dial-up as her children "wash" their clothes by stamping on them in the bathtub, thinks of Kelly!

My guess is that very few of her adorers will see anything ironic in her room o'unused stuff.

I may drop in on her now and then just to see if she exhibits hoarding tendencies. From what I've been able to watch on TV, that's where hoarding compulsions often start -- after a major catastrophe in one's life.

http://www.generationcedarDOTcom/main/2011/07/simplicity-how-to-balance-it-with-stewardship.html

Seriously? She's got so many donations after the tornado that she's planning an ENTIRE ROOM for them?? Yet this lovely Christian 'struggles to get rid of perfectly good clothing':

I really wonder if Kelly knows how she sounds. She's telling everyone how to live, but she never ever considers that everyone doesn't have enough donations of clothing for children she can't freakin' afford to furnish their own "Thrift Shop."

Has this woman never looked around her? I'm sure there are all kinds of people hit by the tornadoes who could use some of her avalanche of stuff.

Guest Anonymous

Just to be clear, she's not talking about selling the stuff out of the thrift store...she just means a room where the kids can go get new clothes as needed, but not whenever they feel like it.

However, I agree that they should be giving. Of course she couldn't possibly be that selfless.

I wonder how the people who donated those items would feel if they knew Kelly was planning to sell them to her own children.

This is bitchy, but one could easily argue that KELLY was careless with her belongings (by not insuring them), and therefore should have to pay to replace them instead of living off the generous donations of others. I've got a feeling that Kelly doesn't see it that way though :roll:

I have a BIG problem with taking money from your kids. I have a big problem with making money off items that have been DONATED to you. I have a big problem with someone who has enough shit to run a "mini thrift store" out of her home trying to tell people about "simplifying".

Off topic, but I find this response to be interesting (from one of her posts from last week):

Arabella says:

July 7, 2011 at 10:58 am

Hi Kelly :) interesting read! Will you write the sequel: Husband and father? Take care! From one of your many readers.

Word Warrior says:

July 7, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Arabella,

If you ARE indeed a reader here, then you’ll know the answer to your question is “no†for two reasons: 1. My audience is mostly women. It would be a complete waste of time to talk to men who aren’t even here. 2. I don’t “instruct†men, even if they were here. There are other blogs, pastors and resources for that.

Does this mean that since she is a woman she is allowed to instruct other women, but not men? Pastors should instruct men? Well, I guess it's our duty then, as women, to instruct her in this material matter.

If Kelly is overwhelmed with stuff she can always donate it to the other victims of the tornado or give them to a local Goodwill or thrift shop.

Oh, I got my food stamp card the other day. The first time I use it I'm going to use it in Kelly's name.

If Kelly is overwhelmed with stuff she can always donate it to the other victims of the tornado or give them to a local Goodwill or thrift shop.

But then she wouldn't make $$$ from it.

In all seriousness....I wonder if all this stuff will be considered unearned income for income tax purposes? Might be a good thing if she kept good records.

Archived