IGNORED

good old mitt romney glitter bombed

doggie

nice little video of it. he called it confetti

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... -confetti/

EAGAN, Minn. -- For the first time, Mitt Romney found himself on Wednesday on the receiving end of a shimmery welcome that's plagued some of his competitors - a glitter bomb.

Walking on stage for a rally in Eagan, a protester in the crowd tossed glitter on Romney, who was flanked by his wife Ann and son Josh. Romney smiled, told the man to raise his hand, and treated the action as if it was a result of his Tuesday victory in the Florida primary.

"Hey listen you guys, I'm delighted to be here with you, this is an exciting time, I'm happy for the celebration. This is confetti! We just won Florida!" he said.

He then said, "Oh I've got glitter in my hair. That's not all that's in my hair, I'll tell you that. I glue it on every morning, whether I need to or not."

According to a local reporter with WCCO, the protestor has glittered presidential candidates Michele Bachmann and Newt Gingrich. Erickson's motivations seem to lie with immigration - his father was reportedly deported to Colombia.

In addition to Bachmann and Gingrich, Rick Santorum has been the repeated target of glitter bombs by other protestors.

Securty forces removed the man from the crowd, where about 300 came to see Romney, who was joined by former Sen. Norm Coleman and former Gov. Tim Pawlenty.

This is amusing to me, and I actually like Romney! He's been nonjudgmental about things his religion says he should be against, which of course makes a lot of right-wingers hate him. I'm sure he knew it was glitter right at the start, and was just shrugging it off with a quip about it being in his hair along with glue, instead of having the protester arrested for assault or somethings stupid.

Sucks for the protester that his dad was deported, but this country simply can't afford to just open the border. No other country will open its borders to anyone who wants to move there, so how could the US manage if we decided anyone who wanted to be here could just head right over? It can't happen, especially when there's still a job- and affordable-housing-shortage.

Archived