IGNORED

Romney To Single Mom: Adoption or You're Excommunicated!

Visionoyahweh

My question would be "is unwed motherhood grounds to excommunicate"? If it is, then no one should be surprised by this. Glad the woman ditched the church.

I'm not sure. We have a significant Mormon population up here in Alberta and while a lot are traditional I know a few single mothers who had children out of wedlock and were not excommunicated by the church.

My question would be "is unwed motherhood grounds to excommunicate"? If it is, then no one should be surprised by this. Glad the woman ditched the church.

No, this wasn't the case. In fact, the woman already had a previous child. She would have been excommunicated "for failing to follow the leadership of the church". This was a case where Romney was a bishop, and the church leaders decided that in this specific instance she should give the kid up for adoption. It wasn't based on a blanket rule.

No they are not excommunicated, however they are no longer Temple worthy unless they give the child up for adoption, repent and marry either a returning missionary or single male in the ward that is still single over the age of 30. Even after all of this she has to wait a year to marry in the Temple.

I actually made some inquiries around about this. It is church policy to encourage single pregnant young women to put their babies up for adoption to "sealed in the temple" couples. However, Romney's hamfisted attempt to get her to do that--well, that's NOT policy. That's Romney being an jerk. It was a regular thing with him. One of my friends revealed that he and Mitt mixed it up when they were both missionaries in France. It was the same sort of deal--Romney being a self-assured asshat.

(For the record, Romney's too insanely conservative for me.)

Romney is a conservative compared to Santorum who wants to out law Birth Control. Here is my question if the TeaParty wants government out of our lives why are they so concerned about my uterus and what I do in my bedroom?

Adoption is the big thing in the Mormon Church for unwed mothers, if they do it then it is easier for them to have a Temple marriage

Guy who bullies dogs and single mothers, sounds like just the kind of person one would want to run one's country.

Romney is an ass, and not the cute, fuzzy kind.

Not Romney. Just to clarify.

ass_asiatic_wild_flickr_roni_g.jpg

That's a cute ass.

I think it should go on the defrauding Smuggar thread, with the boobies and tits. :D

Here is my question if the TeaParty wants government out of our lives why are they so concerned about my uterus and what I do in my bedroom?

Your question and mine both.

Romney is a conservative compared to Santorum who wants to out law Birth Control. Here is my question if the TeaParty wants government out of our lives why are they so concerned about my uterus and what I do in my bedroom?

Exactly! As far as that abortion case goes, Romney was just being an asshole at the time, since from what I know about the Mormon church is that they do allow abortion if the woman's life is in danger from the pregnancy, especially if she has other children who still need her.

Exactly! As far as that abortion case goes, Romney was just being an asshole at the time, since from what I know about the Mormon church is that they do allow abortion if the woman's life is in danger from the pregnancy, especially if she has other children who still need her.

Yeah, that's what is so weird about that story. The woman in question actually had permission from the higher-ups in the church and Romney, a lowly bishop, tried to stop her.

Archived