IGNORED

Vision Forum Smackdown - A fundie takes on Dougie!

Buzzard

So I have no idea who this guy is, but he pissed off daddy doily over on biblicistblog.com (his wife is the one with all the gag pink crap). Anyway, daddy decided to go point by point and got particularly sticky over the issue of daughters.

From David Cloud - wayoflife.org/index_files/7003784d4efd952074e3d6b65044f458-941.html

Is a young woman to be treated as a child? For a young woman to go to a godly Bible College and even to become a single missionary within the ministry restrictions of the New Testament Scripture (e.g., 1 Timothy 2:12) is not unscriptural. My wife was saved as a teenager when she was living in home broken by divorce. Her father and step father were unbeliever,s so she had no earthly father to help her spirituality. She faithfully attended the best church in her area, and after she graduated from high school she attended a godly Bible College, worked in a church, and was called to be a missionary. Before we were married, she worked as a nurse at a missionary hospital, and I do not believe that she was disobeying the Bible. A single woman can operate under the authority of the church as surely as she can under the authority of a father. Consider Phebe (Romans 16:1-2). She was sent by Paul on a ministry journey to Rome and Paul instructed the church at Rome to assist her, yet no father or husband is mentioned.

To instruct young women to leave their own fathers and put themselves under another father, because her own father is not following the Integrated Church model, is actually rebellion to God’s Word. Where does the Bible teach this? The Bible says, “Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right†(Eph. 6:1). It doesn’t say, “Daughters obey your father in the Lord unless he refuses to follow the Integrated Church philosophy.â€

Beware of Integrated Church legalism.

And he says that's not demeaning? Ooooh, that kind of thing makes me so mad! I majored in art history, which I was accused many, many times of studying because it's apparently a stereotypically MRS subject. Sometimes this was even thrown in my face by guys in my same program, because men are serious scholars but women are obviously only in it to polish up their trophy wife credentials. And it's so dismissive and patronizing and agh! Is it so hard to believe that women actually go to college to learn? That, believe it or not, every decision a woman makes does not revolve about men? The very fact that they believe that many women in college are just there for an MRS is so offensive.

And he says that's not demeaning? Ooooh, that kind of thing makes me so mad! I majored in art history, which I was accused many, many times of studying because it's apparently a stereotypically MRS subject. Sometimes this was even thrown in my face by guys in my same program, because men are serious scholars but women are obviously only in it to polish up their trophy wife credentials. And it's so dismissive and patronizing and agh! Is it so hard to believe that women actually go to college to learn? That, believe it or not, every decision a woman makes does not revolve about men? The very fact that they believe that many women in college are just there for an MRS is so offensive.

Good riddance. About time someone told Dougie off.

This really shows how misogynistic Doily is.

And I thought there were biblical women who didn't have fathers to look over them; Deborah who was a Judge and General of the Israeli Army, Hulda the Prophetess who taught both men and women the Torah in her apartment i the Sanhedrin, Judith and Jael who both killed enemies with their feminine beauty and seduction.

Good riddance. About time someone told Dougie off.

This really shows how misogynistic Doily is.

And I thought there were biblical women who didn't have fathers to look over them; Deborah who was a Judge and General of the Israeli Army, Hulda the Prophetess who taught both men and women the Torah in her apartment i the Sanhedrin, Judith and Jael who both killed enemies with their feminine beauty and seduction.

And there was also Mary Magdalene, Ruth, The Samaritan Woman and Esther.

Guest Anonymous

And there was also Mary Magdalene, Ruth, The Samaritan Woman and Esther.

To say nothing of Lydia, the seller of purple cloth, and Dorcas the seamstress and Ruth.

But you guys are all missing the point! Those misguided women of the bible weren't saved by the correct interpretations of what god REALLY wanted! Yes, they are IN the bible, but only so the enlightened men of the 21st century can ignore them and show them up!

Archived