IGNORED

Rebekah Anast's New Book

TeCha

Why is writing a book allowed for women? You might be in the house but you have to emotionally detach yourself from your surrondings when you write.

If you read it, you have to post about the book. I had no idea that she had a new book out.
The write-up says, "Story after story from the author’s own experience... draw the reader into the lives of the author and her family." I told my sister, no thanks, I don't want to be drawn into Rebekah's family. A weird thing from the chapters on amazon (preview) is that the real names of her kids are so very public. So why change all the names in her book? Too late to be anonymous really. I also felt the preview was like reading the same old blah blah I can get reading back issues of NGJ. And i don't need First Class Citizen Rebekah (those who see) to lower herself to teach anything to Second Class Citizen Me (those who see when they are shown). Maybe I should've waited to say no thanks but my knee jerk reaction to my fundy sis was keep it for yourself.

I wouldn't buy the book. That would contribute to a woman supporting her husband and we all know the only godly way is for the husband to support the wife. I won't contribute to a poor, misguided woman's usurping of her husband's authority.

(Never mind that I wouldn't buy or read it for any reason, but, well, it sounds so much better when my decision is based on the good of someone else instead of me simply not wanting to scratch my eyes out).

Archived