IGNORED

M*A*S*H!

FaustianSlip

Okay, I don't hang out in this forum much, because the only TV I get here in China is AFN, so I'm really not up on most of the stuff on TV in the States (or, uh, anywhere). But after having a big MASH-a-thon with a couple of friends last night, I just wanted to start a thread and sing some praises of the show. Granted, it got a little silly in the later seasons, but it really was great, and the humor has held up extremely well.

Also, Alan Alda is totally my not-so-secret old man crush. Aside from the snark factor, he also gets massive bonus points for being an avowed feminist and huge supporter of the Equal Rights Amendment back in the day. So two thumbs up for that guy.

Anyone else a fan?

I love Alan Alda. I thought the show was very funny but I haven't seen it in forever. I also really like the actor that played Potter. He's been pretty great in everything I've ever seen him in.

The show was so good, it's easy to forgive how sanctimonious it could be. No crush on Alan Alda for me (always thought he was homely) and his character could be a bit neurotic, what with repressed memories and all. Still, a great show and I watch reruns when I find them.

I was sooo into MASH a few years ago. I freakin' LOVED Hawkeye, but Klinger was the man. :lol:

Hawkeye is one of the elder statesmen of snark. And I agree that he's not traditionally handsome, but I think it's the wit and intelligence that I find hot, more than the man himself, so to speak. Though I do tend to be a sucker for guys with dark hair and blue eyes, for whatever reason.

It's funny; I haven't watched MASH in a while, but some friends and I had a MASH-a-thon last weekend, and now I've been working my way through the episodes I have again. I also picked up Alan Alda's first book (Never Have Your Dog Stuffed) to read on a flight I took this evening, and it's really great. I mean, you can't really beat a book that starts, "My mother didn't try to stab my father until I was six...." Though I've been surprised at just how unpleasant a lot of his childhood was; he's always seemed an admirably well-adjusted, down to earth guy, and his upbringing was anything but.

Archived