IGNORED

Men Are Getting a Majority of the New Jobs...

GolightlyGrrl

The comments are :shock:

Big deal. I’m glad men have more jobs, they need to work.

Obviously we don’t need as many teachers, as the birth rate is falling. Nursing will be the next sector to get cut, as they’ve priced themselves out of the market. We need more women making babies and less women fussing over them, and that’s soon what we’ll get. Once they’re all forced out of the workplace (laid off) and sitting around at home, they’ll start marrying and reproducing again.

That one was from Alte, btw. As is the following:

It’s a moot point, anyway. Women aren’t valued primarily for their productive capabilities, although we are valued for our reproductive (and sexual) capabilities. Men mostly want us around for the same reason that parents want children around: we make their lives less crappy and give them a reason to get up in the morning. Women have declined in value not because we’re “unproductiveâ€, but because we were starting to make men’s lives more — and not less — crappy.

Women don’t need to prove ourselves on the job market to raise our value in men’s eyes, we just need to stop being so bitchy, frigid, and unfaithful. That’s not even very hard to do, but until now we’ve had little incentive to do it.

Obviously we don’t need as many teachers, as the birth rate is falling. Nursing will be the next sector to get cut, as they’ve priced themselves out of the market. We need more women making babies and less women fussing over them, and that’s soon what we’ll get. Once they’re all forced out of the workplace (laid off) and sitting around at home, they’ll start marrying and reproducing again.

Ugh. No, if this country ever forces me out of the workplace, marriage and babies is not the first thing that's going to mind. Maybe a plane ticket to Canada or Europe would come to mind. These people are vile.

Weren't there a slew of articles when the recession hit and right after that men had been laid off in higher numbers than women? The reason being that female-dominated jobs (such as healthcare) were not hit as badly by the recession as male-dominated job (such as manufacturing).

Anyway, point being, if there were more men out of work to begin with, when the economy picks up, more men are going to be hired, because they're the ones looking for jobs. So it's not some major victory in the anti-feminism campaign.

That one was from Alte, btw. As is the following:

So glad to have women's "decline in value" explained to me so persuasively. Yep, women who work are always more bitchy, frigid and unfaithful than their stay-at-home counterparts. If there's one thing I've learned about women from the Real Housewives shows, it's that.

The sheer stupidity of this women never ceases to amaze me.

How willfully ignorant to you have to be to believe to nurses only look after babies. Nurses take care of EVERYONE!

All research as pointed to the nursing sector is increasing because of the aging baby boomers.

The sheer stupidity of this woman never ceases to amaze me.

How willfully ignorant to you have to be to believe to nurses only look after babies. Nurses take care of EVERYONE!

All research as pointed to the nursing sector is increasing because of the aging baby boomers.

Nurses have "priced themselves out of the market"? Does this yutz have a clue about the amount of training and education it takes to make a good nurse, and all the kinds of work that nurses do?

Women don’t need to prove ourselves on the job market to raise our value in men’s eyes, we just need to stop being so bitchy, frigid, and unfaithful. That’s not even very hard to do, but until now we’ve had little incentive to do it.

What the FUCK????? Way to be a self-loathing woman. I don't know about her, but the percentage of "bitchy, frigid, unfaithful" women in my circle of acquaintance is virtually nonexistent. (Maybe I just choose to hang with a higher caliber or woman than she does.) She sounds like the kind who hopes that, if she loudly denounces other women in front of men enough, she'll grow a pretend penis and the men will let her into their He-Man Woman-Hating Club.

Please DEAR GOD please show me where it says in The Bible that women shouldn't work. I've said it before and I've said it again... Proverbs 31 woman is NOT at home with a baby at each nipple, clipping the coupons and making tater-tots casserole. She isn't baking sweet treats and rubbing hubs' feet. She sure as heck isn't sitting in an apartment with a lit scented candle, in her pjs at noon contemplating a walk to the library. These family-focused groups and websites are taking Proverbs 31 and what a woman did for WORK back in biblical times and trying to apply it to today's world... which only sounds like she's at home, sewing cute things for her little Etsy shop. I am appalled by the gall of some of these fundie women who are clearly LAZY and think their laziness is biblically-called for... I can think of one blogger in particular who is so freakin' lazy I literally question how she hit the husband jackpot in terms of him being okay with how much fanny-sitting she does... anyways...

Great, men have jobs now. So do women. Because women weren't meant to stay at home... and the ones who do and say it is the Lord who commands it should be homesteading or raising a huge brood of kids that require constant vigilance... or helping her husband run a business at home. This is Proverbs 31 and I see so little of it in fundiedom. And if calling some of the bloggers out makes me a viper... I'm content knowing I'm going to work, using my money wisely, planting our family's 21st century vineyard and enjoying the fruits of my labor... and doing God's work as a human being.

The stupid.. it hurts.

What liltwinstar said -- the vast majority of job losses when the economy crash dived were men (70% was the statistic I saw ).. so yeah it would kind of make sense that men were the ones finding jobs now.. meaning this has less than 0 to do with nursing, teaching or anything what -so- ever to do with women or women's roles .. all it means is that manufacturing, construction and related industries are finally starting to re-hire.

The stupid.. it hurts.

What liltwinstar said -- the vast majority of job losses when the economy crash dived were men (70% was the statistic I saw ).. so yeah it would kind of make sense that men were the ones finding jobs now.. meaning this has less than 0 to do with nursing, teaching or anything what -so- ever to do with women or women's roles .. all it means is that manufacturing, construction and related industries are finally starting to re-hire.

I wonder what these fundys would say if they realised construction and manufacturing are some of the industries most likely to employ immigrants.

Funny story: I'm not in the workforce (hooray for a 20% youth unemployment rate!), I'm engaged (which has nothing to do with my employment status, because as far I'm concerned relationships and careers are two different things), and I still have absolutely no desire to reproduce, ever.

So, after all the women are back to making babies, wouldn't we need more nurses and teachers again? Are there THAT many men willing to be early elementary teachers and obgyn nurses?

I had a friend who married a guy who isn't a fundie, but is certainly a misogynist. When they were doing their pre-marriage counseling classes, he said that he would rather have her stay at home and pop out kids. Well, she is a RN and he fixes x-boxes at a family owned electronics store...she makes at least 3X more than he does. And he was having a serious problem with the fact that she planned on working after having kids. The guy was an idiot...they live in Chicago which is an expensive city and he thinks he can support a wife and kid(s) on $12 an hour.

I could go on about this guy.

Since they population is generally aging, and people are living longer, that = more people needing care, not less, -> more nursing jobs, not fewer.

Aside: Said nurses might also care for you and the baby when the inevitable complications of producing one after another after another endlessly catches up in the form of maternal and/or infant problems.

And if you think nurses are paid too highly, by all means, get your nursing degree and license, and do the job for minimum wage.

Signed: Long-time healthcare professional (not a nurse; I am a clinical laboratory technologist).

Are there THAT many men willing to be early elementary teachers and obgyn nurses?

Not to mention all the men who seem to be uncomfortable with their wives being looked at by male doctors...

The stupid.. it hurts.

Furthermore, a lot more men are getting hired in jobs that have primarily hired women like retailing.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/s ... 52342710/1

**Just a warning: You might want a stiff drink while reading the article's comments. They are not for the faint of heart.

I'd forgotten what a prize Alte is. :roll:

Yep, she's a thoughtless cunt, isn't she?

Alte may complain about women in the workplace, but I've noticed posts where Alte brags about being a total "baller" when she was working. She has bragged about excelling in everything she ever did; and she did this without a college degree and before she was in her mid-twenties.

Now, please take that with a grain of salt. And when I say grain of salt, I actually mean a giant salt lick.

Archived