IGNORED

Hope for Sarah and the Botkin Sisters

NurseNell

In looking for who you pray to to find parking spaces I found this prayer. And now we know why these fundie girls are not married, they are not praying to Saint Catherine.

St. Catherine, St. Catherine,

O lend me thy aid.

And grant that I never shall die an old maid.

A husband, St. Catherine,

a good one, St. Catherine.

But anyone’s better than no one, St. Catherine.

A husband, St. Catherine,

young, St. Catherine,

handsome, St. Catherine,

nice, St. Catherine,

soon, St. Catherine!

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Catholi ... paces.aspx

Not being Catholic, they can hardly pray to St. Catherine...so old maidendom seems hard to avoid, doesn't it?

They might try a prayer with more Protestant overtones:

Lord, I am a sinner and always have been

but obeying a godly husband

has always been my dream.

I know Thou hatest not the sinner

but Thou hatest the sin,

so send me a godly husband,

this year bring him in.

Give it a try, Botkinettes!

I'm not Catholic, but I don't believe they pray "to" a saint. I believe they pray to ask a saint to interceed on their behalf. Just like when you ask Mom or Dad to pray for xxx for you.

As my Catholic mother has explained it, yeah, saints are so cool they have special pull with God. But I think most people use the shorter phrase "pray to Saint so-and-so", don't they?

I wonder what happens to unmarried daughters or sons in Quiverfull/Vision Forum? what do they say about spinsters and bachelors? and what does VF even teach about kids with disabilities?

So who is the patron saint for parking spaces? Because when I was in college, I just made up my own saint (Saint Bancroft, because that was the name of the parking lot with the GOOD spaces in it, otherwise you had to walk up the steep hill).

I just say, Hail Mary full of grace,

please give me a parking space. :D

I like that, that is what I'll use from now on.

I have always been told to pray to St. Anne, mother of Mary.... St. Anne, St. Anne, send me a man! Clearly, it's not working for me. Maybe I'll give St. Catherine a shot.

Hope it helps. Catherine died a spinster, after all.

But which St. Catherine are we talking about, here? There were several--of Siena and of Alexandria, for example.

As my Catholic mother has explained it, yeah, saints are so cool they have special pull with God. But I think most people use the shorter phrase "pray to Saint so-and-so", don't they?

That's how I learned it as well in ebil CCD class. The saints are up there WITH God, and you tell the prayers to them and they relay the message to him. I spent my formative years trying to explain this to my southern Bible Baptist classmates who thought I was a Virgin Mary worshiper and baby drowner or something. My parents are both Yankees so I had that against me too.

Archived