IGNORED

Some Good Things :)

Free2BeMe

And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. 16And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger. And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child. And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds. But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. 20And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

Whenever I happen read these words, the din of human strife and bickering all seems to fade away. There are no posturing men here, striving for position and authority. There are no reams of man-made rules that dominate and oppress. There is no fear but only rejoicing. Here there is the promise of peace on earth. Here there is GOOD news.

Yes, Jesus is here! He’s finally here! The waiting is over and he’s come to live and love and die and rise again and live forevermore! Love wins. Oh, that’s good, good news.

I only wish that more people could stop the business of being Christians for long enough to actually ponder Christ.

stufffundieslike.com/2011/12/good-news/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I just thought we all could use some good things today.

Merry Christmas and good tidings for all.

-Mary. :dance: :D

Well, your use of the word "all" really doesn't apply here. A fair amount of FJers, such as myself, don't believe in Jesus Christ. So it's not so much good news as it is no news.

Well, your use of the word "all" really doesn't apply here. A fair amount of FJers, such as myself, don't believe in Jesus Christ. So it's not so much good news as it is no news.

At least it's better than the name calling and the blatant "You're all going to hell, you dirty heathens. Too bad you aren't super terrific like me, and I'm glad God hates you" stuff that some of these people crank out. Doug Wilson figures strongly in my mind, saying that we should rejoice when we see the children of those who reject God naked and starving in the street because he thinks that it glorifies God.

As the old saying goes, it's a bit better to light a candle than curse the darkness. It's a start.

At least it's better than the name calling and the blatant "You're all going to hell, you dirty heathens. Too bad you aren't super terrific like me, and I'm glad God hates you" stuff that some of these people crank out. Doug Wilson figures strongly in my mind, saying that we should rejoice when we see the children of those who reject God naked and starving in the street because he thinks that it glorifies God.

As the old saying goes, it's a bit better to light a candle than curse the darkness. It's a start.

A start to what? Winning another soul? And the only choices aren't what she said and "you're all going to hell, dirty heathens". There is such a thing as keeping it to yourself, and sharing only when asked. I get so freakin' tired of Christians assuming that their message is the only good one.

stufffundieslike.com/2011/12/good-news/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I just thought we all could use some good things today.

Merry Christmas and good tidings for all.

-Mary. :dance: :D

Yeah, erm, thanks but no thanks.

This

A start to what? Winning another soul? And the only choices aren't what she said and "you're all going to hell, dirty heathens". There is such a thing as keeping it to yourself, and sharing only when asked. I get so freakin' tired of Christians assuming that their message is the only good one.

Yeah. I mean what, are we supposed to thank everyone who DOESN'T tell us to go to hell? The OP's message was an odd one given the purpose of this board.

Not only that but some of us think the Biblical Jesus could be an asshole at times.

Guest Anonymous

This. I don't give a stuff about the name-calling but there is no way on earth I am going to play nice and say "thank you" to a load of proselytising bullshit, on a snark board of all places.

Hi,

Yeah I'm not here to "proselytize" anyone with my posts. My intention was to spread some happiness and good cheer.

If you don't believe in Jesus, then take the good tidings and leave the rest.

I don't want to hurt anyone.

Sorry.

I got those quotes from a Stuff Fundies Like page and thought y'all would like to see them.

Hi,

Yeah I'm not here to "proselytize" anyone with my posts. My intention was to spread some happiness and good cheer.

Sorry.

I got those quotes from a Stuff Fundies Like page and thought y'all would like to see them.

Don't worry, Free, I understood your intent, and probably still would even if I weren't a Christian.

I hope others will too! It would've been even better with a message about how all faiths and walks of life are wonderful in their own way, sure, but it's a site dissecting fundamentalist Christianity and comparing it with teachings that are actually taken straight from the Bible. It's kind of hard to make the post not primarily Christian.

Don't worry, Free, I understood your intent, and probably still would even if I weren't a Christian.

I hope others will too! It would've been even better with a message about how all faiths and walks of life are wonderful in their own way, sure, but it's a site dissecting fundamentalist Christianity and comparing it with teachings that are actually taken straight from the Bible. It's kind of hard to make the post not primarily Christian.

And the necessity for it was what?

I personally didn't mind Free's post, but it wasn't like we *had* to have A Christmas Message From A Christian. Especially as we have people getting untangled from fundiedom, and this is a site where we do the majority of our snarking on weirder Christian manifestations.

I get that she was trying to send out what, to her, is a great (the greatest?) message, but just because you think you have a great message doesn't mean your listeners will automatically agree. Darrell's board is mostly Christian and the message fits. FJ is more a mix of all religions and none, and it doesn't fit here.

Free handled it fine, anyway. But if we're supposed to accept any message just because the intent was good, look forward to me spamming the board with commie propaganda. ;)

And the necessity for it was what?

I personally didn't mind Free's post, but it wasn't like we *had* to have A Christmas Message From A Christian. Especially as we have people getting untangled from fundiedom, and this is a site where we do the majority of our snarking on weirder Christian manifestations.

I get that she was trying to send out what, to her, is a great (the greatest?) message, but just because you think you have a great message doesn't mean your listeners will automatically agree. Darrell's board is mostly Christian and the message fits. FJ is more a mix of all religions and none, and it doesn't fit here.

Free handled it fine, anyway. But if we're supposed to accept any message just because the intent was good, look forward to me spamming the board with commie propaganda. ;)

Okay, fair enough :) I guess I just had a strange appreciation for it considering the bad examples of Christianity (and other varying religions) we at FJ are subjected to on an almost daily basis, and apparently the intent wasn't missed after all. Carry on.

As an atheist may I say, Happy Imaginary Godly Baby Birth to you, too.

The only one from whom I'll listen to the story of the baby Jesus is Linus. And unless you have a fuzzy blanket with you, you ain't Linus.

I want to be a nice person but I'm a foul mood, hence, the only thing I can think to say is:

Bless Your Heart

Hi,

Sorry.

Hey Free2BeMe, on a board like this one, there is simply too diverse of a group of people. You would've been less offensive if you had wished us a "Happy Festivus." ;)

jesus-festivus-seinfeld-somewhat-topical-ecards-someecards.png

Request: please no blue text. The board style I use makes it impossible to read. Thanks.

Word. It drives me nuts!

Okay, okay, I won't use the blue text anymore. How was I supposed to know? I use the default board style so I had no idea that the blue was causing such eye strain (whereas I can see where yellow poses a problem). And if it were really such a problem, I wish people would've let me know like right when I started posting. :( Sorry.

Okay, okay, I won't use the blue text anymore. How was I supposed to know? I use the default board style so I had no idea that the blue was causing such eye strain (whereas I can see where yellow poses a problem). And if it were really such a problem, I wish people would've let me know like right when I started posting. :( Sorry.

I thought I did let you know. Sorry for the pile on about the font. If it makes you feel better, I don't

like blue ink on paper either!

Archived