IGNORED

Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.

sippin0nsunshine

Is anybody else as sick of "It's a wonderful life" as I am? I mean, don't get me wrong it's a great movie, but my dad watches it like every day and I feel like breaking the DVD :shock:

"It's a Wonderful Life" is, in my opinion, by far the most boring movie I have ever tried to watch. I do not understand the whole "its such a great movie!" deal.

"It's a Wonderful Life" is, in my opinion, by far the most boring movie I have ever tried to watch. I do not understand the whole "its such a great movie!" deal.

I watched it for the first time when I was 16 (I'm 20 now) and I thought it was okay, but I've never had the urge to watch it again, same with A Christmas Story. I'd rather watch The Santa Clause with Tim Allen.

Piece of shit movie.

The Christmas Story is a bastardization of a worthy Gene Shepard short story. But with most of Genes blue collar, lower middle class biographical tales, it does have those ugly undercurrents of domestic violence, where everyone looks the other way.

There's a reason why the only Christmas movie I'll ever sit down for is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

"And when Santa gets his fat white ass down the chimney tonight, he'll find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse!"

I completely agree, since for me it was ruined when it was shown all day practically during the season. Besides National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, another movie I'll sit down to watch is The Muppet Christmas Carol. I have to admit I'm glad my dad's DVD player is broken since the only copy of It's a Wonderful Life he has is on DVD.

Piece of shit movie.

The Christmas Story is a bastardization of a worthy Gene Shepard short story. But with most of Genes blue collar, lower middle class biographical tales, it does have those ugly undercurrents of domestic violence, where everyone looks the other way.

To think I just found the thread with the link to "A Christmas Story" museum in Cleveland OH. Cringeworthy. I got a bigger kick out of the offshoot movie, "Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss".

To think I just found the thread with the link to "A Christmas Story" museum in Cleveland OH. Cringeworthy. I got a bigger kick out of the offshoot movie, "Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss".

I do suggest you find a copy of "In God We Trust All Others Pay Cash". Its a good sample of his work and you will laugh out loud.

Gene was on the radio at night when I was I was growing up. I'd press my worthy little transistor radio to my ear and listen to him spin tales of Hobart Ind. Years later he came to my college and I was one of his handlers, and it was a joy to take him to an archetype NJ diner and later hear him talk about it on the radio. He had a great voice as good as Ken Nordine, who he sometimes appeared with.

That is exactly how I feel about A Christmas Story. Ugh.

I'm surprised that they didn't do the 24 hour A Christmas Story marathon this year. Or they did and I missed it. I do like the part where the kid is in the snowsuit and starts crying "I can't put my arms down!". Reminds me of my siblings and I when we used to wear those big puffy one piece snowsuits. You can barely move in those things!

I disliked everything Christmasy this year and managed to avoid every Christmas movie that is played during this time.

Archived