IGNORED

Sweeping the Cobwebs Site

RKB

I'm a long-time lurker. Free Jinger is one of my daily reads. I also go to Sweeping the Cobwebs daily, but I can't get through any more. Is it the site or is it my computer? I know sometimes my "cookies" will get in the way of loading some sites for me.

Could someone check and see if they get an internal server error message, too?

sweepingcobwebs.com

Thanks!

Thank you for checking.

Surely they wouldn't have closed without warning? Isn't Greek Chorus and member here?

I've got to know the answer to the mystery!

Greekdecided to keep it up for a while back in August and a couple of people volunteered to help moderate, but nothing came of those volunteers and now it appears that she took it down (just this week)

The site has been failing for a long time. It was on life support. A few months ago, Greek said it would shut down unless others helped. There were offers made, but none were acknowledged. Then, poof, it just disappeared. Kind of in a huff, I think, but that's my opinion. I'm just sorry the history is gone. But, it's nothing that can't be recreated, given it's main topic. Candy repeats herself constantly. There will always be somewhere to refute.

It was funny that as soon as someone mentioned Milehimama as the owner and called her out on something on this board Sweeping The Cobwebs went belly up. No chance for someone else to take it over or anything, just a flounce. Hmm, much like Candy.

Yep, it still appears to be gone. The callout occurred here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5948&hilit=moderate+my+ass

Just fyi, I'll continue to chronicle Candy's adventures at my site (click my profile for the link - I don't want to spam.) Just so's there's a place for any bereaved STCers to gather.

Thanks for the link.

Thanks also for the "bereaved STCers" site, LOL! Love it.

Was there any indication that STC was going to disappear and I just missed it? I can't believe STC "flounced" after all the discussion about Candy's multiple flounces as being rude to her readers.

Well, there had been some indication for a while that the site was dying, and that GreekChorus was considering pulling it down. But that happened several months ago, and no, as far as I know there was no immediate warning that the site was going to go away.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived