IGNORED

The Pearls Made it to Failblog Today

slickcat79

LOL! :lol: On a more serious note, I am so tempted to post a comment on there to lead Failbloggers to the dangerous craziness these people promote. I would LOVE to see the Pearls out of business for good for what they do to children.

http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/articles/tr ... d-to-come/

This is the original article and what bothers me is that they are trying to downplay their training methods

Everyone calls me the “soft-hearted Pearlâ€, and knowing this to be truth, I knew that I would have to train my children so well that I would not have to rely on spanking.

further down, near the bottom, she writes:

Most toddlers will respond correctly, but if he balks when your helper takes the little one’s hand, then have the helper spat the child’s legs to reinforce the command.

LOL! :lol: On a more serious note, I am so tempted to post a comment on there to lead Failbloggers to the dangerous craziness these people promote. I would LOVE to see the Pearls out of business for good for what they do to children.

The first comment on the entry was, "Their whole philosophy is one big parent fail." Luckily some people already know.

She is not a dog... This sounds like how our family dog is raised. He understand those commands. His master is dominant.

Gracie, come here. Gracie! Ah, come to mama. :animals-dogrun: Sit! I said, sit! Stand! Oh aren't you a good girl. Here you go. :beer:

She is not a dog... This sounds like how our family dog is raised. He understand those commands. His master is dominant.

Gracie, come here. Gracie! Ah, come to mama. :animals-dogrun: Sit! I said, sit! Stand! Oh aren't you a good girl. Here you go. :beer:

That's the first thing I thought of too. Of course Michael Pearl apparently uses the same training techniques of both farm animals and children so the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. I'm a bit surprised he hasn't been stomped to death by a mule that has finally snapped.

Well, my response to the OP proves that I am a 12 year old dragqueen trapped in a woman's body once and for all. And, yes, going to hell.

Even without the spanking and spitting, what's to be proud of? I liked having conversations with my little one. Whole conversations! I didn't just bark commands at him. I guess it's more important in Pearl circles to raise a cleaning robot than a human being.

My teenager leaves his clothes on the floor a lot but he understands the house has to be clean and he pitches in a lot. He doesn't do anything on command, which is sometimes frustrating, but neither do I. When the kid is messier than usual, I understand because he's been studying 24/7 and I give him a pass. Maybe a parent fail on my part but I would rather do that than be a tyrant.

No one should hold children accountable to a higher standard than what would be expected for an adult.

I would not even advocate this method for training an animal. I also let my dog get away with some things but she's turning out fine too. She just wants to please me.

Well, my response to the OP proves that I am a 12 year old dragqueen trapped in a woman's body once and for all. And, yes, going to hell.

It's Failblog. In that context, what other response could there possibly be? :mrgreen:

/12

Which comments did you make thoughtful and marmalade? I only see three!

They moderate before comments appear, so it may take a while.

I didn't respond. I was replying to Angri-La's response to the wording of the post, which can have a very 12 year old interpretation.

IOW, TOTALLY not what the Pearls intended when they wrote that caption. :twisted:

I didn't respond. I was replying to Angri-La's response to the wording of the post, which can have a very 12 year old interpretation.

IOW, TOTALLY not what the Pearls intended when they wrote that caption. :twisted:

Uhhh...that was actually my first thought as to what the fail was :oops: It's only once I came to post over here that I caught the animal-training reference :lol:

Do they mean literally spit on the child's legs? Or am I reading it wrong??

No, "spat" is a noun -- one of the Pearls' little euphemisms for a whipping.

No, "spat" is a noun -- one of the Pearls' little euphemisms for a whipping.

Thanks. I think I prefered it when I thought it was spitting. :( Poor kids.

Archived