IGNORED

Fundy-watching at the HEAV (homeschooling) convention?

AnnoDomini

Anyone done this? I might go this year, especially considering that VF is an exhibitor and Ted Tripp (of 'Shepherding a Child's Heart' infamy) will be a speaker. Anyone want to engage in this 'undercover op' with me?

oh, gosh, I had some friends who went maybe a year ago(?) and I was invited, but I was too freaked out about the idea of all the Fundies. But now it might be fun. So.... I've never been to the HEAV before... do Fundies ever approach you? Recommending things (like especially if you're wearing jeans or something, do they assume they can tell you to read TTUAC and CTBHH by the Pearls or something?)

I saw a Fundie family at a consignment sale once, and it disturbed me greatly- the woman, smiling as she rummaged through used kids clothes, her baby CRYING big in his pram-style stroller, with about 3 other kids hanging around. All ignoring the baby. :( I can't believe I didn't say anything.

Usually at these big conferences there are Christian homeschoolers of all types, not just the fundie type. You'll see people in jeans and frumpers, lots of kids and just a few.

Since this is in VA, it's probably going to be heavier on the fundie royalty than in other areas. Or maybe I should say homeschooling royalty, like the Mike Farrises of the world.

Archived