IGNORED

Same sex marriage is an issue in Australia again

godlytomatosoup

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-01/l ... ge/3706500

This makes me so heartsick. And the Prime Minister is a childfree-by-choice atheist who lives with her unmarried male partner, so I have a lot of trouble believing she has a serious religious commitment to 'traditional' marriage.

And poor Penny Wong. I'm glad to see her stepping up: I remember when Labor tried to make her put a good face on Labor's commitment to bigotry the last time this issue came up, and it was so painful to see her toe the party line when she's an out lesbian and everyone knows she'd like to have the right to get married.

Bleargh. This is such a crock.

JG is an atheist so I doubt she can claim religious objections to anything much. She'll change her mind about anything if there are votes involved though.

Seriously I don't understand Julia Gillard. Athiest, no kids, hairdresser boyfriend- she should have no qualms about gay marriage! (Sorry about stereotyping, but when you put her against Christian, white, male, married Tony Abbott, her competition, you can really see the differences!).

It's pure populism. Given her somewhat alternative lifestyle, it's difficult to see where she suddenly gets this fondness for traditional family values.

Archived