IGNORED

Tainted? Cursed? 7XSunday

thoughtful

I was searching in the 7xSunday archives, to educate myself further about what can be said when one of the TTUAC defenders gushes about those fabulous fruits of their upbringing, the Pearls' children.

I found this amazingly superstitious post, in a thread from 2008:

A family in our fellowship "celebrated Ramadan" in a Muslim home 2 weeks ago and have been sick ever since. I don't know if the food was tainted or if they just put a curse on them, but I do believe it's related. This reminded me to be praying more for them.

I just . . . what? Really?

What century is this, again?

Here's the thread -- Gabe begging for, um . . . prayers -- yeah, that's it -- prayers:

7xsunday.net/forum/index.php?topic=20586.0

I pulled this link from that thread, it touches on the polygamy discussion and the Gabe and Becca's 'financial' sacrifices.

7xsunday.net/forum/index.php/topic,21992.msg212811.html#msg212811

Eh? You don't "celebrate Ramadan". It's a time to fast and reflect. Do they mean the family celebrated Eid with their Muslim friends or that they broke the fast with them at night?

This is what I mean about fundies being shite at nuance. And they do not even care. I have argued with fundielites about this online for ages and it always comes down to "I don't believe what you say I believe." "Yes you do, and you're going to Hell anyway" with a side order of pious "I don't care to know the ways of the wicked."

I don't believe I've ever read a dumber post in my life. Really? They were cursed because they ate a meal with friends? And these people expect me to take them seriously. :roll:

Oh geez. :(

There is an issue with eating food "dedicated to idols" for Christians, but it doesn't come with the threat of getting sick. In the context of that verse, I don't think eating with Muslims is what is being referred to.

Oh geez. :(

There is an issue with eating food "dedicated to idols" for Christians, but it doesn't come with the threat of getting sick. In the context of that verse, I don't think eating with Muslims is what is being referred to.

Didn't Paul say that Christians could eat meat dedicated to idols as long as it didn't hurt the faith of other Christians?

Didn't Paul say that Christians could eat meat dedicated to idols as long as it didn't hurt the faith of other Christians?

Yes. I Corinthians, chapter 10.

Yep.

It is *only* an issue as it relates to other Christians and their faith--it's more about showing kindness/understanding for the convictions of others. Food is food, it can't be "cursed". I should have added that, but got distracted.

I pulled this link from that thread, it touches on the polygamy discussion and the Gabe and Becca's 'financial' sacrifices.

7xsunday.net/forum/index.php/topic,21992.msg212811.html#msg212811

Wait...what is this about a polygamy discussion? I didn't delve too deeply, but it almost sounds like Gabe was considering taking another wife. That can't be right, can it? 'Cause that would be most fascinating.

Archived