IGNORED

Jennie And Matt's Chancery's Courtship

debrand

http://ylcf.org/courtship-stories/chancey/

I had no idea that their story was up on the site.

Interesting tidbits, she went to college. Although she wanted to date in college, she never did. Guys didn't ask her out because they were intimidated by a girl with standards.

Can “fairy tales†come true? Yes, because God is the greatest romancer of them all. Read Isaiah. Read Jeremiah. Read the Psalms. Look at how God has called out to His people through the ages. No matter how flawed we are, God has still chosen us for His purposes, and He desires the best for us.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems arrogant to compare your relationship to your spouse to that of the Jewish people's relationship with god.

Matt was a Civil War reenactor and loved to study history and literature. He was also passionate about Southern history.

To the cynically unfair non-American mind this is a 20-word euphemism for 'casual racist'; an image which Mr. Chancey's most famous photograph doesn't do much to dispel.

Is that the one where the other girl [sic] working at the conservapedia place goes "Jennie Ethell! Don't you know that Matt Chancey loves you?!" Ptui, say I. Hey, I notice the one with the African man and the Caucasian lady leads to a 404error page. Hm. You think they are not together anymore? Or did Massa Chancey say, "Take that story down, ya'all! Ah do not cotton to it, no Ah don't, ahem ahem coff coff (must stop smoking stupid-big ceegars, Ah must)!"

Is that the one where the other girl [sic] working at the conservapedia place goes "Jennie Ethell! Don't you know that Matt Chancey loves you?!" Ptui, say I. Hey, I notice the one with the African man and the Caucasian lady leads to a 404error page. Hm. You think they are not together anymore? Or did Massa Chancey say, "Take that story down, ya'all! Ah do not cotton to it, no Ah don't, ahem ahem coff coff (must stop smoking stupid-big ceegars, Ah must)!"

I wondered about that myself.

To the cynically unfair non-American mind this is a 20-word euphemism for 'casual racist'; an image which Mr. Chancey's most famous photograph doesn't do much to dispel.

Oh, trust me, that's exactly what it says to a lot of Americans, too. You can be interested in the South and not be a racist, sure, but I definitely get more than a whiff of something OFF about their embrace of the Lost Cause.

Archived