IGNORED

Gems and gold dust from God...is this common?

Heaps of Eeps

I went to highschool with a family who I recently found out were fundies, the boy obviously wasnt as he smoked pot, drank and had girlfriends, Im not sure about the girl as she was younger but always sweet.

Anyhow a few years ago a mutual friend was telling me how the parents recieved gems from God and often find themselves covered in gold dust and I was like "whoa what? People believe that?" and mutual friend actually did semi believe it because she had seen the gems and I was like " you can find them on ebay, they are scammers, run"

It has been years since I thought about this so i did a quick google and found that the parents and daughter all run a ministry called Face to Face. Their facebook page has tons of pics of gems..

Anyone run into something like this? How are people so easily fooled? There looks to be a lot of teenagers at the picnic...so weird.

.facetofaceministriesonline.com/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Joseph Smith based a whole religion on getting magical gold tablets from God...

The mind is a magical thing. People can make themselves believe just about anything.

Whoa... Wait... These weirdo's are in my neck of the woods? It's like less than an hour from my house! :shock:

Whoa... Wait... These weirdo's are in my neck of the woods? It's like less than an hour from my house! :shock:

Weirdos are everywhere!

Weirdos are everywhere!

Yeah, but weirdos around here generally wear things like neon green body suits, bright read wigs, and black and white checkered platform shoes.

Yeah, but weirdos around here generally wear things like neon green body suits, bright read wigs, and black and white checkered platform shoes.

:lol: by chance do these same weirdos believe in Don Cherry?

wow, another day, another group of whackos/snake oil salesmen.

I don't know how people talk themselves into believing this either - desperation?

I love how on their "What we believe" page, they declare that you are saved by faith, not works, but when the "wicked dead" are raised on Judgment Day, they will be judged by their works. Cognitive dissonance amuses me.

They also used to work for/with Todd Bentley apparently before doing their own thing...A few years back they were part of Fresh Fire Ministries.

Todd bentley kicked a woman in the face because god told him to...uh.

It's a phenomenon in the charismatic movement (first there was the "Brownsville Revival" and holy laughter, and some folks went with holy animal noises too :shock: )

And Todd Bently and his violent "healing" services.

I've been hearing about the gems and gold dust stuff for a while. It goes along with the "health and wealth" type teacher. God has also miraculously given people gold grills, too, or gold crosses on their teeth. :roll:

But definitely not the kind of thing the Duggar/ATI/Vf/etc fundies are into.

This reminds me of a man from my Mum's church, who was convinced that God had turned a troublesome tooth to gold. He went to his dentist, who pointed out that the filling, put in years before, had always been gold.

We have friends that are getting involved in a church that believes that the Holy Spirit sends down glitter. I don't know if it stays around though.

Mass hallucinations are fun!

I googled this and this popped up: christianblogs.christianet.com/1161827195.htm

Watch lunatics argue with each other over whether this particular hallucination is godly/Biblical, etc. It's good entertainment.

Edited to break the link.

They also used to work for/with Todd Bentley apparently before doing their own thing...A few years back they were part of Fresh Fire Ministries.

Todd bentley kicked a woman in the face because god told him to...uh.

Sounds more like Satan's work to me. It's like they are playing that "telephone" game with God. He says "Love your fellow man" and they hear "Lobes ewer fuller man!"

I googled this and this popped up: christianblogs.christianet.com/1161827195.htm

Watch lunatics argue with each other over whether this particular hallucination is godly/Biblical, etc. It's good entertainment.

From that page:

I've seen gold/feathers. Most of the circles where this is happening is in the healing/prophetic churches, where miracles are happening continuously. A few weeks ago a woman's knee/knee cap grew back under someone's hand-instant healing. The same church where gold glitter or feathers show up. Not every service, but it's cool when it happens. We call them God kisses.

Oh my.

I almost feel bad for people who are this gullible... almost :roll:

Um...wow. That's definitely the first I've ever hear of this. The most I've ever heard about is the whole "falling down in the spirit" thing. If God is taking jewlery orders though, I'd like some new diamond earings. I lost one of mine and am very upset about it. :lol:

I remember back when I was first married, we went to an exhibit that featured relics from Buddhist monks that were like pearls or crystals, however, these were found after cremation.

(for pics, just google "buddhist relics" )

They were pretty neat.

I have friends who claimed that they prayed to st Theresa and had rose petals shower on them...

At Bethel Church in Redding, they drop chicken feathers on people and claim they are angel feathers. :D

Yes, but they cure cancer so I better go there. :?

Yes, but they cure cancer so I better go there. :?

I believe that they had a few gold dust incidents, too. Scary thing is that Bethel Church is now managing Redding's Convention Center for the city.

I vaguely remember seeing a story on this when I was in high school (90s) on dateline/20 20/ 60 minutes etc exposing the "sweating gold" during prayer as a scam. They showed how they did it.

Finally....Another FJer in the Lower Mainland. I thought I was the only one!

This gold dust stuff was really popular in the 90's. I went to a church then that had several revival meetings where many people claimed to have been dusted. It just looked like shiny sweat to me, but I never said anything because I didn't want to be considered an un-believer.

There was also around the time of the "Toronto Blessing" when people would be "filled with the spirit" and would totally act drunk. Laughing and laughing and reeling down the hallways, stumbling and falling to the ground laughing uncontrollably - the entire room would on the ground "slain in the spirit" and laughing uncontrollably - and this was attributed to God's blessing and spirit....or something. It's just so bizarre.

Archived