IGNORED

More from Frank Schaeffer re: Pearls, Gothard, etc.

thoughtful

ahhhh Frank Schaeffer and Hartmann together!!! Squee!!! :dance:

Frank Schaeffer is my main validating emotional source of ex-fundi-ism :lol:

Still absolutely astounded that the Duggars could have promoted the Pearls, and that people still argue oh they would never act like that!

James Dobson is so horrible. One of my best friends, who had the good fortune to NOT grow up that way, got into him and beat her 13 year old son up in front of me once - needless to say, we have become a bit distant since then. I had kept trying and trying to tell her not to listen to him and that my teenage years were living proof of what happens when you listen to Dobson - oh no, he was just wonderful and gave wonderful advice. I really wanted to beat HER up when she did that to her son.

I found a great article on Michael Pearl here: http://religiouschildmaltreatment.com/2 ... ael-pearl/

There are some pretty good comments as well.

When you hear or read a religious person saying that spanking is just a couple of light smacks on the bottom, put that statement in the same category as “I buy Playboy for the articles.†Of course it isn’t true. It is an obvious and laughable lie.

It is incomprehensible to me that an adult is legally entitled to beat a smaller, defenseless person just because they contributed DNA — while the same treatment to another adult would be a criminal offense. How does this make any kind of sense?

It's nice to see that so many people are finally becoming aware of what the Pearls are all about: child abuse. :clap:

From the same commenter to the article, quoted above:

And while we are on the subject, let me let you guys in on another little secret. The chief virtues of homeschooling are: there are no mandentory reporters and your kids are never taught that law enforcement can protect children from abusive parents.

That is what makes the teenagers think they can't leave, because anyone in authority will take them back home, to be punished.

Archived