IGNORED

ATI vs. Vision Forum

Fundilicious

While I'm an avid follower of fundie blogs, I'm a bit in the dark on the differences of ATI and Vision Forum. I personally thought they were the exact same thing. But then after reading some posts on here I see that they are of different circles. Could anyone explain to me how they are so different, or direct me to a link explaining the two? I would appreciate it, I hate being in the dark. ;)

When I was searching Gothard's site for the 49 character qualities, I found Gothard's updated views on grace. After I'm sure was a lot of real theology being flung his way, he wrote a paper a couple of years ago, apparently amending his view to reflect the inherent nature of grace.

http://billgothard.com/teaching/grace?p ... Izevja0hjd

Sorry, still can't figure out to embed links.

VF is what I'd call more right-brained: there's more "thinking" (assuming a loose definition of "thinking"), a focus on history, and it's not *quite* as legalistic as ATI. For example, some VF women wear pants, and VF'ers are allowed to drink alcohol in moderation. VF doesn't seem to be anti-education. It's pretty extreme, but it doesn't strike me as a cult like ATI/IBLP does.

ATI is much more left-brained: it's more about "doing" and a focus on character. It's insanely legalistic, there's no pants for women, no alcohol. It's fairly anti-education, and much of the schooling seems to come from the Wisdom Booklets, from what I understand. It's pretty abusive and cultlike, and obedience is a big deal.

I started this thread on the old board and it became quite big and informative. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore. It was called IBLP/ATI vs. Vision Forum or something like that.

Archived