IGNORED

Argh! Can't find in God's Country!

longskirtlotsakids

I am usually an ace at finding obscure titles- thanks to the modern online library system.

One item I cannot find, sadly, is In God's Country , that Lifetime Movie ripoff of "Escape."

Any help here ladies, gents? Not on Hulu or any of my usual less than legal watch sites...

Have you checked WorldCat, yet?

and can you give me some details? I'm a librarian in training and could use some practice :) By "Escape" do you mean Carolyn Jessop's book?

They play that movie on Lifetime Movie Network quite often. I've seen it like 5 times in the last 6 weeks probably. It was just on this weekend.

At some point, I'll probably just give in an order the movie for myself. I loved In God's Country and I think I only got to see it one more time after its original premiere date on TV. (Right now we don't have cable, so staying glued to Lifetime isn't an option. :P) The actors in the movie are incredibly talented and for anyone questioning the harmfulness of the FLDS lifestyle, it's a movie worth watching. I also own the book Escape and recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about it. I'm still shocked despite the numerous amount of times I've reread it.

http://shop.history.com/detail.php?p=261775&v=lifetime&ecid=PRF-2102595&pa=PRF-2102595

Lifetime is selling the DVD. It's ridiculous that it's not in WorldCat--that just means that no World-Cat-participating library owns In God's Country.

$16.95 + $4.95 shipping, yikes! I like the movie, but not to the tune of $22. One of the people I subscribe to on Hulu periodically uploads Lifetime movies. I asked her for In God's Country and I guess I'll just have to hope she eventually obliges...

My copy came from ISOhunt.com

It's still up there but doesn't look like it has any seeders right now... so not much help.

Would you be willing to seed for us FJ's?

Archived