IGNORED

Restraining Order - Judge William (father of Hillary) Adams

Guest purposing

Well, it got some media attention 2 days ago at CNN. It led to a discussion about spanking.

Edit. Great news about the restraining order.

I looked through the report, and what a...okay. I have no words. Asshole. I really hope Hillary's little sister can avoid further abuse.

Poor little thing...I can't imagine what she's probably endured at the hands of her parents.

The bad thing is, I honestly don't think she has much of a mother either. I don't buy the mom's bullshit story. I don't think she gave a flying eff what her daughters were going through, until she had the media in her face w/ a 7 year old video tape. Watching that tape, she doesn't look anything like an abused, fearful wife to me. She hit that girl as hard as she could.

I am telling you, someone would have to kill me and step over my cold dead body to get to my kids. What the hell kind of mother does that?

That's my local TV channel and she's gotten a lot of media attention here. I just saw the update on the 5 o'clock news, actually. Now that she's back at her current residence in San Antonio, she's giving interviews to the local news stations. I had never heard of the dad until now but it seems like people here are just as outraged as the rest of the nation.

Guest Anonymous

I struggle to find sympathy for the mother. I don't know enough about alcohol dependency, but I think, from reading that affadavit, it seems as though both parents were quite disturbed in various ways, from their teen years.

I am very sad for Hillary and her sister; it's hard to tell, from the news reports, whether they have extended family, but I think it would be healthy for them to get some respite from both parents, even if just for short breaks.

Poor little thing...I can't imagine what she's probably endured at the hands of her parents.

The bad thing is, I honestly don't think she has much of a mother either. I don't buy the mom's bullshit story. I don't think she gave a flying eff what her daughters were going through, until she had the media in her face w/ a 7 year old video tape. Watching that tape, she doesn't look anything like an abused, fearful wife to me. She hit that girl as hard as she could.

I am telling you, someone would have to kill me and step over my cold dead body to get to my kids. What the hell kind of mother does that?

Word. She gets no pass from me, even if it makes me seem like a bitch. I saw a clip of Hillary on Dr. Phil's show the other day and the mom just started bawling when Hillary was talking. I just felt like, "save it, bitch".

Word. She gets no pass from me, even if it makes me seem like a bitch. I saw a clip of Hillary on Dr. Phil's show the other day and the mom just started bawling when Hillary was talking. I just felt like, "save it, bitch".

As I watched the video of abuse by both the dad and mom, the thought crossed my mind that "mom" was trying a bit too hard to please dear old dad--somewhat as if she were trying to ingratiate herself to him as a matter of self-protection.

Of course, IMO, this only makes her actions and behavior that much worse--sacrificing her own daughter to put herself in a safe zone.....more concerned about herself than she was for her daughter.

Any way you slice it, the mom is a pathetic piece of shit.

Hillary tweeted a link: http://www.kristv.com/news/hallie-adams ... dge-adams/

I'm still trawling my way through the report... I wondered if the story is still getting media attention; I've not seen anything over here for a few days now.

They were on the Dr. Phil show a few days ago and the last thing she said "to" him was that she wanted to work on rebuilding their relationship. It was a serious WTF moment for me. She stated that he basically "dared" her to release it -- ie, she said that she had the video and he told her 'so what?'. Dr. Phil said that he's "committed" to helping this family (aka, he wants the ratings.)

They were on the Dr. Phil show a few days ago and the last thing she said "to" him was that she wanted to work on rebuilding their relationship. It was a serious WTF moment for me. She stated that he basically "dared" her to release it -- ie, she said that she had the video and he told her 'so what?'. Dr. Phil said that he's "committed" to helping this family (aka, he wants the ratings.)

I had the same reaction. Anything can happen, I suppose, but my gut response was, "That ship has sailed and should be sunk". I'm betting she has a lot of work (therapy work) ahead of her. I hope she gets all the support she needs.

I wasn't able to catch the Dr. Phil episode. What did Hillary say?

I should have read further before I posted.

She said that she was bruised on her legs and arms. She admitted to downloading something off of the internet -- but that it wasn't for sale in the US anyways, so there was no way that she could buy it? Whatever that meant. The mom was very "I was abused and didn't know any better" and Dr. Phil was all "um, that's your kid. Something primal should have taken over when you saw your husband beating your child with a belt 17 times." Amanda also stated that a belt hurts worse when it's looped vs straight because stings a lot more. She said that he's very charismatic within the community and she waited until she was an adult to release the video, however she said that he had been getting harrassing phone calls from him and when she told him she had the video, he told her "so what?"

Sorry if that's disjointed account... I'm just typing as I remember what I heard. I'm actually surprised I remember that much as I was giving my son dinner in the kitchen. I really wanted to watch it, so I had an ear out for what they were saying.

I had the same reaction. Anything can happen, I suppose, but my gut response was, "That ship has sailed and should be sunk". I'm betting she has a lot of work (therapy work) ahead of her. I hope she gets all the support she needs.

I swear we share a brain sometimes. :lol:

My oldest is at his grandparent's tonight... and being Friday, this is usually when all the crazies come out. I usually miss the party, so I was hoping to catch more excitement than listening to a baby monitor of my little one's womb bear. -- Never fails, he just woke up.

There's no one I'd rather share a brain with! :D

Ugh, you wouldn't say that as of late if you'd been around our house lately. Super sleep deprived and stressed. We need a major catch up soon!

I saw Hilary and her mother on the Anderson Cooper show today and I have no sympathy for the mother. Just seeing what her mother did in the video disgusted me just as much as what her father did. I just can't understand someone doing that to their child...and telling their child just to "take it like a 16 year old"...you just don't do that. I loved the discussions Anderson sparked, particularly how anti -spanking in general the audience was.

I really hope Hilary cuts off all contact with her father. It would be a lot better for her that way, because obviously he's never going to think he did anything wrong. If I was her i'd cut off all contact with the mother too, but I guess that's her choice.

Why anyone (other than perhaps someone looking to cash in on their story) would think she should work at repairing that relationship is beyond me. Sometimes it is better to just walk away....not everything is fixable. She's released the tape (which I think is exactly what she should have done), but now she needs to forget him as best she can and go out and build a wonderful life for herself. If there's any justice, his life as he knew it is ruined now. Hopefully he will be removed from the bench and lose every.single.thing he owns. God knows the bastard deserves it.

On a side note, I would like to see the folks in the media stop harping on what she did to result in such a beating. They keep asking the details of exactly what she was doing like it makes a damn bit of difference. She was a 16 year old girl being attacked by 2 monsters. I don't care if she was stealing the freaking internet, nothing she did could have warranted that. NOTHING.

Archived