IGNORED

Patriarchal Musical Theater! I smell a Tony!!!

clarinetpower

Do you think the prince was played by a woman in order to prevent the actress from having to touch a MAN? Also don't you love how the King decides to ignore forever his earlier daughter who married for love?

I went there and tried to read it, but I just couldn't because it was so boring. We need a new acronym tb;dr

1) So you'll be a "princess" if you wait until Daddy picks out a husband for you, and a "peasant" if you pick your own. Even if being a princess means you live with your husband and 12 children in a 1400 sq. ft. house with one bathroom, while the peasant lady gets to live in a nice house, travel, and do all sorts of interesting things with HER family, because she and her husband waited and worked for a few years to build up a comfortable nest egg, and then decided to use intelligent family planning to ensure each child was loved, wanted, and able to enjoy all the world has to offer.

Got it.

2) I've wondered for quite a while about the whole kissing/hugging part of movies such as Fireproof and Courageous. Having seen neither one, I don't know if they include kissing and hugging (only between husband and wife, of course!), but if they do, how do they justify allowing the actors to engage in such behavior with someone other than their spouse? OH, wait a minute! I DO know...it's the old "This is the rule, except when I say it isn't the rule, and I say it isn't the rule when it makes money for me."

Got it.

Again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think the prince was played by a woman in order to prevent the actress from having to touch a MAN? Also don't you love how the King decides to ignore forever his earlier daughter who married for love?

Of course the prince was played by her Daddy! Played by another girl? That is an abomination (like shrimp, lobster, and cashmere/angora blends) Guttermind!

1) So you'll be a "princess" if you wait until Daddy picks out a husband for you, and a "peasant" if you pick your own. Even if being a princess means you live with your husband and 12 children in a 1400 sq. ft. house with one bathroom, while the peasant lady gets to live in a nice house, travel, and do all sorts of interesting things with HER family, because she and her husband waited and worked for a few years to build up a comfortable nest egg, and then decided to use intelligent family planning to ensure each child was loved, wanted, and able to enjoy all the world has to offer.

Got it.

2) I've wondered for quite a while about the whole kissing/hugging part of movies such as Fireproof and Courageous. Having seen neither one, I don't know if they include kissing and hugging (only between husband and wife, of course!), but if they do, how do they justify allowing the actors to engage in such behavior with someone other than their spouse? OH, wait a minute! I DO know...it's the old "This is the rule, except when I say it isn't the rule, and I say it isn't the rule when it makes money for me."

Got it.

Again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't read the link, but "Fiddler on the Roof" was on tv the other night....I'm thinking its much better than whatever this fundie musical is. :)

As far as 2), I thought Kurt Cameron's wife actually did stand in for the woman playing his wife in Fireproof for such scenes...

Edited to fix html.

SouthPark reference]Do you think the women all gave 45 minute blowjobs afterwards?[/southPark reference]

Saw this the other night and laughed so hard I woke the kid & the dog up, and had to call my sister! We are waiting not so patiently for Book of Morman to begin it's tour in Denver next year.

I thought Kurt Cameron's wife actually did stand in for the woman playing his wife in Fireproof
Really?! Sheesh, these people are just...just...okay, I can't even think of a word.

SO, by that standard, if there is kissing (Princess Bride!!! Is there kissing??), the male actor must be married, and the female actor must resemble his wife enough that they can use the wife as a stand-in.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not my best parody, but I humbly submit:

TONY

There's a place for us

Somewhere a place for us

Patriarchy is the only way

Wait for me

Somewhere

MARIA

There's a time for us

Some day a time for us

Time together