IGNORED

Financial Security for Women

InkyGirl

This girl makes me want to beat my head into the wall. If I am not mistaken she has stated that there is NO REASON to EVER divorce. Not spousal abuse, child abuse, prison, violence, drugs, etc. She reminds me a great deal of Emily. All talk and no listening.

well marriage were meant to be till death god should make better spouses. It's so easy to preach it but I bet if one of those preachers has a bad marriage it will go away.

But she is a heathen. She has pictures where she and her finance are {GASP} actually touching! She also has a collage degree. :o

But she is a heathen. She has pictures where she and her finance are {GASP} actually touching! She also has a collage degree. :o

The degree is from Liberty so I'm not sure that counts.

Well bless her heart for taking the time to give me financial advice. I have been all about getting an education, working hard, spending my money carefully, saving carefully and hiring professionals to guide me when I should have just married (oh wait I did that - but I make more money than my husband so not sure if that qualifies) and had kids and depended on the kindness of the church. Foolish me.

So this is how women can become financially secure... huh.

Get married,

Afterall, men are just walking wallets, and nope, they never die, abandon you, lose their jobs, become incapacitated due to an accident or poor health.

Have babies,

And put them to work right away selling their "artwork"

If all else fails depend on the church.

Because your church is a cash cow, not a place of worship and reverence.

Got it.

http://www.hernoblecharacter.com/2011/0 ... art-2.html

5. Have children. Again, something that might initially sound selfish to you is actually part of a holy God’s design! The Bible seems to expect a more family-focused society among God’s people than what America has now. Many aging parents today don’t want to be a burden to their children, while many of their children are glad to keep separate lives from them. It’s hard for the average American family to make room in their schedule to visit with older family members, let alone serve them in other practical ways. However, it’s just not biblical that elderly parents should just be left to themselves to make it on their own. 1 Timothy 5:4 teaches that children need to “make some return to their parents†when they are in need. Having children gives you one or two... or three... or seven... more resources to help you in your need.

Yeah... I'm pretty staunchly anti-having kids and my mom actually used a similar argument on me. 'Who will take care of you in your old age?"

I think its pretty selfish and cold-hearted to have children just to provide you with a future with financial security

I cringe anytime people give out the advice about churches having to support widows. Now in days something like that isn't too realistic for some churches.

Having children isn't a guarantee that they can give financial security later on in life. Anything can happen to the children you have before you become elderly. One of my mom's friends was the youngest of 5 children. Two of her siblings died as a children and another brother died in the Vietnam War. My friend's mom and her surviving sister have struggled for years financially even though they are married and have had steady jobs. Both of them wish they could do more financially for their mom but they can't. My friend told about this a couple of years back when she and her husband decided to have her grandmother's bathroom remodeled.

Children as future resources isn't a guarantee and I bet some of these fundies will be in for a rude awakening later on.

So this is how women can become financially secure... huh.

Get married,

Have babies,

If all else fails depend on the church.

Got it.

http://www.hernoblecharacter.com/2011/0 ... art-2.html

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't women who follow this plan be considered gold diggers in the non fundie world? The only difference would be that if/when your husband can't/won't support you anymore, you just go find another man instead of depending on the church. Personally, I see a lot of laziness in these women. Not to say all SAHM's are lazy--the ones I know are anything but, and would go out and get a job in a heart beat if they needed to. The fundie wives, on the other hand seem to have this "Eww, a job? I'm much too righteous and Godly to get a job!" attitude (I'm looking at you, Generation Cedar Kelly!).

Uhm, if everybody is relying on the church for their support, then where is the Church gonna get any money?

If you're a widow, the church will take care of you.

If you get sick with something like cancer, the church will take care of you.

If you are unemployed, the Church will take care of you.

If you are the victim of a natural disaster, the church will take care of you.

If you are the victim of a crime. Well, the church will take care of you.

If your husband beats the crap out of you, and sleeps with your daughters, well, buck up little camper, because this was all part of gods plan.

Archived