IGNORED

Sukkah Depot Lina needs to know about this place.

Guest experienced

Guest Anonymous

BH This is wild.

"...At Sukkah Depot, a store in Borough Park, a sukkah can range in price from a few hundred dollars for simple canvas materials to $2,000 and up for a brand-new, modern, wooden fold-up model. A plastic cover is needed in case of rain. All have doors. Some have sliding windows."...

http://bestplaces.nydailynews.com/stori ... ate-sukkot

To think Lina and TT could have registered there for wedding gifts!!

Wish I had the money for a kit one. I tried making one and it blew over into my pumpkin patch. I didn't bother putting it back up. My backyard currently looks like some sort of christmas light branch strewed shipwreck....

So if I were Jewish and celebrated Sukkot, how permanent could the structure be and still be considered a proper sukkah? The 15th of Tishrei is always cold at night, sometimes frosty, and usually cold during the day too. But that isn't as much of a problem as the persistent wind.

I don't know any Jewish families locally who have built a sukkah. Has anybody here tackled the problem of building a usable sukkah where it gets very cold during Sukkot? ETA: It would pretty much have to have a heat source inside it.

So if I were Jewish and celebrated Sukkot, how permanent could the structure be and still be considered a proper sukkah? The 15th of Tishrei is always cold at night, sometimes frosty, and usually cold during the day too. But that isn't as much of a problem as the persistent wind.

I don't know any Jewish families locally who have built a sukkah. Has anybody here tackled the problem of building a usable sukkah where it gets very cold during Sukkot? ETA: It would pretty much have to have a heat source inside it.

The only lack of permanence it needs is a roof made of removable plant material that you can see the stars through. Everything else is totally cool. I know quite a few people who made parts of their homes with removable roofs to turn into a sukkah.

Archived