IGNORED

Terra Nova-Courtship

debrand

I was watching a dinosaur show on the Scyfy channel(It shoudl be sci fi :snooty: )

In one scene, the manly, young soldier asked the father if he could begin the initial phases of courtship with his daughter. The father blew him off. He then asked the daughter who was up for some courtship action. LOL

I just thought it was funny that the Scyfy(again, is should be sci fi :snooty: ) channel would mention courtship.

It's on FOX. It's their attempt to do a family-friendly science fiction show. I think the "courtship" process was proposed by the leadership of the colony to impose some order.

Personally, I liked Terra Nova better when it was called Jurassic Park.

I can't get past the evil colonel from Avatar being the colony leader.

Terra Nova has captivated the spousal unit but not me.

It's on FOX. It's their attempt to do a family-friendly science fiction show. I think the "courtship" process was proposed by the leadership of the colony to impose some order.

Personally, I liked Terra Nova better when it was called Jurassic Park.

I record a lot of shows so I assumed that it was on scfyfy(still should be SciFi)

My neighbors' son asked a very good question, "Why would they go to the time period when they know that a great extinction is going to wipe out a large percentage of life? Why not go after that event?"

I like Terra Nova, so shoot me now. :) But I did notice that. And the part where the suitor asks the dad, and the dad is all "I have a temper and I am holding a weapon..." (snerk)

I believe in Terra Nova, they are in an alternate timeline Earth than "our" Earth. Of course, sending someone back in time to the "same" Earth could alter the future for everyone just by stepping on a bug or something. I mean, that's basic time-travel mythology that we learned from Back to the Future!

Right, that is the premise, although the time paradox is never really addressed (or has not been so far). My stepson pointed out that when they take an antibiotic, they could be killing the future human race. I think mammals were already present at the time in which Terra Nova is set, although I am not sure when it is supposed to be happening. Some time with dinosaurs, that's good enough for me!

I believe in Terra Nova, they are in an alternate timeline Earth than "our" Earth. Of course, sending someone back in time to the "same" Earth could alter the future for everyone just by stepping on a bug or something. I mean, that's basic time-travel mythology that we learned from Back to the Future!

And the Simpsons! :lol:

I like Terra Nova too.

I've been enjoying Terra Nova too also. Not that the courtship bothers me any... I mean, look at the older son who is hardly involved in any courtship activities.

I record a lot of shows so I assumed that it was on scfyfy(still should be SciFi)

My neighbors' son asked a very good question, "Why would they go to the time period when they know that a great extinction is goingto wipe out a large percentage of life? Why not go after that event?"

I believe it's because they couldn't control the time they slipped into. The timeline they opened up was not some pre-determined time...

I'm liking the show so far. I've actually been watching it live which is rare for me. I think the courtship thing is OK in the colony setting because they need to establish and maintain genetic diversity and prevent extra pregnancies. I havent seen ANY religious anything on the show yet - wonder if that will ever come into play.

In the first episode the whiny teenage son told his sister that it was a different timeline and they would not change things on earth if they stepped on a bug. I hope that that was homage to Crichton's Timeline and Bradbury's The Sound of Thunder.

Archived