IGNORED

The Masked Singer

WiseGirl

This is my guilty watch. Nothing meaningful, no lessons, great acting, but many great vocals.

Who is Popcorn? The Sun? The Seahorse? The Mushroom?

I do try to stay away from spoilers. So I've got the Popcorn as someone from NY and the Sun outed herself with the Lizzo cover. 

Don't make me discuss this myself. 

• Love 1

I'm so glad someone made a thread for this show! I'm hopelessly obsessed. My only correct guess this season so far has been Bob Saget. I knew it was him from the moment he started singing. The only other, non-spoiled, guess I have is that Jellyfish is an Olympic athlete.

I want to like it, but it's just so loud. And fake. The costumes are cool, I like the guessing game. I don't like that the camera is alwatlys flashing back to the judges and their OTT reactions. And the audience. We all know there isn't an audience and why. Why reuse old footage? It doesn't need to be this horribly loud scream fest, and it makes me feel uncomfortable thinking about people making these reactions in a room somewhere. 

Also,I feel weird watching Robin Thicke and Jenny McCarthy. 

I got Bob Saget right away, and I found it weird that Robin didn't. Or he did and they cut it out, or he faked not knowing. Most of the time I think he knows and tosses stuff out to just keep the game going. He's been in the industry his entire life. Same with Ken guessing Donald Glover for something. You worked with the guy for years, you'd know. 

So tl;dr I want to like it more than I do. I think Jellyfish is an athlete or child actor. 

I'm also really bad at it, they seem to be really heavy on the Nashville artists and other than Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift, I don't know any country people. 

And I guessed people who have been dead for years a few times as well. 

• I Agree 1

I watched in the past.  I’ve gotten bored with with it.

in their respective seasons I guessed Donny Osmond (based on clues, and that was from the very first clue package); and Chris Daugherty (from his voice.  I was looking down at my iPad while he was performing and it struck me, I know that voice, that’s Daughtry, couldn’t unhear it after that).  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I don't like watching it but I look later to see who the contestants were. I find competition shows boring but I enjoy the cliff's notes versions. 

• Upvote 1

After the first season, my husband and I made a rule that we can't look up any spoilers or look at Reddit/Twitter where people are guessing, but if we have a guess we can look up information about that specific person to see if the clues/voice match. I was mortified that I didn't get Bob Saget, as a devoted 90's kid and lover of all things Full House. I'm pretty sure I know who Sun is, I have a reasonable hunch on Mushroom, and I'm 100% sure on Croc. 

• Upvote 3