IGNORED

Youtube clean home channels

Shiny

Will someone please snark on Youtuber's that have cleaning channels? They follow a pattern- around 30, white, upper middle class, stay at home parent. Somehow they can devote hours of content into channels that are, essentially, just them cleaning the house over and over again. Watch me clean my house at night! Watch me clean the house on a Monday! Watch me clean this kitchen that is already clean! 

Feeling very BEC today and need a comrade. 

I would much rather watch these than actually clean my own home. Is there anyone who works full time, has kids and pets and actually keeps their home perfect?

I haven’t seen these, but they must be monetized somehow. So basically they are getting paid well to clean their own damn house, likely get tons of free products to do it AND gloat about what great housekeepers they are. 

If I wasn’t a complete slob I’d be all over that gig :dance:

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I haven’t seen these, but they must be monetized somehow. So basically they are getting paid well to clean their own damn house, likely get tons of free products to do it AND gloat about what great housekeepers they are. 

If I wasn’t a complete slob I’d be all over that gig :dance:

YouTube has changed how monetization works.  A lot of vloggers who used to make mega-bank with YouTube have more subs than they used to, but now have to have Patreons set up because they aren't making so much with monetization anymore.  It's really sad watching vloggers who used to be against setting up something like that, to the point of addressing it when fans asked in comments about it (some felt it was holding a hand out when they were making money from ads) to looking like kicked dogs and having to disclose that the new algorithm means they're not making so much anymore.

YouTube made it harder to get money for those ads, and demonetized a lot of channels, including mine.  I'm not going to hustle to get the 4k new subscribers a month or whatever absurd number it is.  Depending on your ranking, you have to get so many new subs, have so many views, so many total hours viewed, so many people to give a thumbs up or down, etc, and a lot of the big channels have hit the critical mass point, and that's a lot to ask of smaller creators who have maybe several hundred subs who faithfully watch the videos to go get thousands in the blink of an eye.  I don't even bother with my channel anymore.  That $20ish a month was at leas some motivation, but now, there are still ads on my videos, but YouTube is keeping it all.  I'm bitter about that.

Some creators are starting to do ad spots in their videos, like pitching a product at the beginning.  YouTube is a bunch of bitches who now mark those videos with a big "includes product promotion" or whatever, as if to deter us from watching those videos whose ads we can skip.  The Young Turks is one example of a channel that does pitches in videos now.

Lots of word salad to say those creators are probably not making tons, unless maybe they're sneaking in product placement that they're getting paid for.

5 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

YouTube has changed how monetization works.  A lot of vloggers who used to make mega-bank with YouTube have more subs than they used to, but now have to have Patreons set up because they aren't making so much with monetization anymore.  It's really sad watching vloggers who used to be against setting up something like that, to the point of addressing it when fans asked in comments about it (some felt it was holding a hand out when they were making money from ads) to looking like kicked dogs and having to disclose that the new algorithm means they're not making so much anymore.

YouTube made it harder to get money for those ads, and demonetized a lot of channels, including mine.  I'm not going to hustle to get the 4k new subscribers a month or whatever absurd number it is.  Depending on your ranking, you have to get so many new subs, have so many views, so many total hours viewed, so many people to give a thumbs up or down, etc, and a lot of the big channels have hit the critical mass point, and that's a lot to ask of smaller creators who have maybe several hundred subs who faithfully watch the videos to go get thousands in the blink of an eye.  I don't even bother with my channel anymore.  That $20ish a month was at leas some motivation, but now, there are still ads on my videos, but YouTube is keeping it all.  I'm bitter about that.

Some creators are starting to do ad spots in their videos, like pitching a product at the beginning.  YouTube is a bunch of bitches who now mark those videos with a big "includes product promotion" or whatever, as if to deter us from watching those videos whose ads we can skip.  The Young Turks is one example of a channel that does pitches in videos now.

Lots of word salad to say those creators are probably not making tons, unless maybe they're sneaking in product placement that they're getting paid for.

Thank you for all that info. 

11 hours ago, Shiny said:

They follow a pattern- around 30, white, upper middle class, stay at home parent. Somehow they can devote hours of content into channels that are, essentially, just them cleaning the house over and over again. Watch me clean my house at night! Watch me clean the house on a Monday! Watch me clean this kitchen that is already clean!

Stepford wifes 2.0

Uh well one would have to clean their house before putting up videos about cleaning it. I for one wouldn't be caught dead showing the world what an embarrassing mess my house is sometimes.

Years ago I worked with a woman who joined one or two other women in "cleaning" each other's already very tidy houses; they did this every Friday evening.  They were friends who enjoyed cleaning and enjoyed doing it as social time, working together. 

Archived