IGNORED

Arizona Patriot Movement anti-muslim activity

Black Aliss

Two women filmed themselves inside a mosque in Tempe, Arizona telling children that Muslims are "devil Satan worshippers," "pedophiles," and "rape goats."

Someone from the Southern Poverty Law Center tipped off the mosque. The women were arrested and charged with burglary — and now one has also been charged with child endangerment.

Me, I see this headline: Woman with ties to Patriot Movement AZ hit with child endangerment charges in mosque incident and immediately look for the mugshot, expecting to see Zsu Zsu.

Spoiler

A woman who brought her three children along with her to an ugly, hate-fueled incident at an Arizona mosque earlier this month has been hit with charges of child endangerment in addition to other charges.

Tahnee Gonzales, 32, was arrested on March 15 along with another woman, Elizabeth Dauenhauer, 51, on suspicion of burglary for taking items from the Islamic Community Center of Tempe, Arizona. Both women have ties to the group Patriot Movement AZ (PMAZ), which has engaged in anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant activism.

Gonzales posted video of the March 4 incident live to her Facebook page, showing that she and her three children, along with Dauenhauer, walked past “no trespassing” signs and into a gated area of the mosque and started removing items, including pamphlets and what they said were copies of the Quran.

Gonzales and Dauenhauer could be seen on the video encouraging the children to participate removing the items and using anti-Muslim slurs. Gonzales could also be seen at one point shouting slurs at a man who walked out of a building at the mosque. Police said after the arrests that even though Arizona has no standalone hate crimes charges, the women could face enhanced sentences if convicted because of the anti-Muslim nature of the incident.

On Thursday, March 22, a grand jury in Maricopa County, Arizona stuck Gonzales with six charges — two felonies and four misdemeanors — and Dauenhauer with a pair of felonies.

Both women were charged with third-degree burglary and aggravated criminal damage. But Gonzales also received a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct as well as three misdemeanor charges of child endangerment.

Gonzales and Dauenhauer had both been involved in the past year with events organized by Patriot Movement AZ. Among those events, Gonzales was present for at least one anti-Muslim rally organized by the group’s leader, Lesa Antone, in June 2017 in Phoenix.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/03/26/woman-ties-patriot-movement-az-hit-child-endangerment-charges-mosque-incident

Good Gravy, as my Texan mom used to say.  Those two women deserved to be arrested. Although they would probably spin it as being persecuted.

Hmmm Tempe. Wonder if they are part of Steve Anderson's church?

Pretty hard to spin this, since everything is on tape. I hope both those women do time, but they will likely get some kind of plea bargain and get probation.  Best case scenario?  One or both are already on probation, so straight to jail or the big house. 

I saw the news report when this first happened and I immediately read to see if they were affiliated with PP's church!

Archived