IGNORED

Dillards 40: Majoring in Grifting

Coconut Flan

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time there's a new story about Derick doing something stupid, I think of a previous comment someone posted during the indoor obstacle course scene in Counting On. "That's how Derick goes through life: Upside down and on his ass."

Just posting this here so the reasoning behind D'griftalot's page removal is preserved for posterity.

nogrift.thumb.jpg.f98203bf8921aade03912d02b7b9efa7.jpg

My guess for why it was taken down:

TOS.thumb.jpg.81213327a17add51bdc7a6f7c92078e1.jpg

Poor Derick was a victim of heathens.  Satan attacked his righteous fundraiser and caused it to be taken down.  Poor persecuted Derick with his "otherwise objectionable" fanbase.

Cross Church would be foolish to keep the Dillard's in any leadership capacity.  Who wants that wild loose cannon speaking on behalf of the church?  In a span of a few months time Derick Dillard has caused enough negativity to sink a ship. Is he worth the risk for a whole year of Derick?

I would guess that it may be more tied to the fact that this service is designed for private persons and Derick is a public figure.  This makes ANYTHING he uses their service for potentially advertising in a way that it wouldn't for a private person.  It also created other issues for the org including issues with TLC/Copyright, increased activity the org may not be prepared for, etc.   There's just a HUGE difference between a kid using this to fund a missionary trip or their Eagle Scout project (which is the design of this service) and Derick Dillard using this.  

Even if this is not spelled out, I am sure the ToS include a clause that the org can cease service for any reason at their own discretion.  I am sure Pure Charity quickly saw the increased liability that having a relationship with Derick D would cause and decided to terminate the relationship.  

5 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

Cross Church would be foolish to keep the Dillard's in any leadership capacity.  Who wants that wild loose cannon speaking on behalf of the church?  In a span of a few months time Derick Dillard has caused enough negativity to sink a ship. Is he worth the risk for a whole year of Derick?

I mean, isn't their pastor on Trumps faith advisor team? These people aren't exactly the brightest crayons in the crayola box.

I wonder if the other people grifting for this mission school had their pages taken down too? Or if it was just dwrek? 

When checked an hour ago all of what is to be assume are his classmates still have their pages

Does anyone have screen shots of the fundraiser before it got taken down? I'm curious what was posted. 

I only got his post and not the comments. But this is the album I put together of his & the others in his program.

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I mean, isn't their pastor on Trumps faith advisor team? These people aren't exactly the brightest crayons in the crayola box.

Hey I have no idea. I am Canadian. I quit paying attention to Trump ages ago. I have no idea what goes on. 

I think if Joshley had grown up with different parents, been able to date/marry who he wanted, and get a real education, he might have turned out OK (generally speaking, I'm not saying he wouldn't have been a douche).  He reminds of Wile E. Coyote of the Roadrunner cartoons - hungry, scheming, kind of desperate, and ultimately not bright enough to succeed.  I don't think he ever wanted to hurt Anna.  I think he was very unhappy, felt forced to play a role by his wife and parents, and tried to keep everyone "happy" by having supposedly discreet affairs.

Derick was allowed to date and get a decent education, then actively chose to join Jim Bob and Co.  He appears to have been willing to put his family at risk (e.g., Zika), and has become an active grifter while preaching so-called gospel.  He chose to pick on Jazz.  He chose to aim the sled over the cat.  I used to feel sorry for him, especially given some of the misfortune he experienced around the time he married Jill, but I just can't find excuses for him anymore.

18 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I used to feel sorry for him, especially given some of the misfortune he experienced around the time he married Jill, but I just can't find excuses for him anymore.

Me neither. For me, the last nail to his coffin was when he told kids that Santa isn't real. Hey Dickhead, how would you react if I told Izzy "God isn't real!"?

I'm the person who posted the inquisitr person's comments on the first page of the thread. I have screenshots of Derick's whole fundraising page and all of the backer-page comments as of Tuesday evening. I can post them tomorrow if people are interested.

11 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Me neither. For me, the last nail to his coffin was when he told kids that Santa isn't real. Hey Dickhead, how would you react if I told Izzy "God isn't real!"?

That was just so stupid and mean spirited. I mean, sure, very few kids (if any) who believe in Santa are reading his twitter feed, and it's not like he went and kicked a kid's puppy, but what the hell? It really reflects on his mental state and the state of his heart, that he felt it was so vital to righteously inform the world that Santa isn't real. Put some of that energy into actually following the commands of your God. Go and help some poor, hungry children, and stop worrying about whether they believe in Santa.

On 30/08/2017 at 3:25 AM, metheglyn said:
It looks like they did close the fundraiser today. Unlike the other batch of comments, the backers' comments are still available for the moment, but since they appear to basically only be receiving negative feedback at this point, they've apparently decided that keeping the fundraiser open was a bad idea. https://www.purecharity.com/ccsm-missions-derick-dillard/backers
I just screenshotted all of the comments for posterity since they're interesting and some of them are fairly informative. In particular, the person who purports to be from the Inquistr is particularly scathing, and has a really long breakdown of the last couple years of the Dillards' activities. It's included in the spoiler box.
Spoiler

Spoiler 59a622263c9f0_CCSM13.PNG.80521b6c74a963b7a426fd6eefadfce4.PNG

I just had a thought. I know in trials and from court reporting school how your asked to swear/affirm you're telling the truth.
My question is, do they do that with lawsuits and depositions related to lawsuits? If so, would the Duggars abide bide it and tell everything? I mean if you're as religious as they choose to be, swearing on God and then lying seems like it would be a pretty big deal.

I'm the person who posted the inquisitr person's comments on the first page of the thread. I have screenshots of Derick's whole fundraising page and all of the backer-page comments as of Tuesday evening. I can post them tomorrow if people are interested.

If you want to or can you could private message me the comments and I can add them to the imgur album. Creating an additional source/back up to go with the other fundraising of not just Derrick but others in the program for a comparison sake

I just realised what annoys me SO MUCH. RANT FULL STEAM AHEAD.

So, you have Jill. Who, in any normal family, would have been encouraged to use her interest and skills in nursing to get a degree in that field from a reputable college, and then go on to get a job in that same field. Jill could have been so much more than she has been allowed to be due to the confides of the cult in which she lives. I don't agree with much of what Jill does, but I will never not pity her for this. Fuck you, Michelle and Jim Bob. You do your children a disservice by not allowing them to reach their full potential. 

Derick, however, did not have such constraints. He got a decent education away from the SOTDRT. He went to college and got a good degree in a field where he should never fail to get work. But instead of taking these opportunities that many Duggars (and other fundies) would kill for, he decides to be lazy and grift the money instead of doing the right thing and working for it. I just can't. 

What do you guys think? 

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Go and help some poor, hungry children, and stop worrying about whether they believe in Santa.

But that would involve doing actual work, so that is a no go. 

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Not only Duggars and other fundies would kill for the opportunity to receive the education he did! But aside from that I totally agree with you, @Palindrome

You're so right. And now I'm even angrier at his laziness! Haha.

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

(snip)

Derick was allowed to date and get a decent education, then actively chose to join Jim Bob and Co.

(snip)

That's what annoys me so much about Derick to a T! Well, one of the many things that annoy me. However this neatly supports my belief that a degree isn't proof of intelligence.

I can't even with that tweet.  Why not praise her for being a good mother or a loving wife or beautiful or any number of platitudes men use to talk about their wives.  No, this idiot loves that she fears the lord...

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived