IGNORED

Dillards 40: Majoring in Grifting

Coconut Flan

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Anyone who is "not a jobs kind of person" should also be a "not a eat regularly kind of person." Or "not a live in a home with a roof kind of person."

His wife has made millions of dollars. The Duggar girls are millionaires.  Use some of her money. 

I really hope that wasn't some backhanded compliment, or scold. There are plenty of lovely verses in the Bible about cherishing and praising wives, a quiverful by Christian authors. I've only ever heard that verse used as a scolding when we were being "vain" on church trips or at bible study, ie a group of girls taking too long to get ready or in the bathroom or flirting a bit too much for adult chaperone tastes. 

Yet, we have no context, so I'll reserve the snark as the day is young.

Derick needs an internet time out. He keeps making himself look worse with each tweet. At this rate it won't long before he insults the wrong person and gets into serious trouble.

9 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

Hey I have no idea. I am Canadian. I quit paying attention to Trump ages ago. I have no idea what goes on. 

SO jealous of you right now. 

@RosyDaisy I think he's way past that point. One thing that he and Trump have in common. Should both not be allowed ANYWHERE near electronics, internet or generally other humans. They would be a fine pair, locked up in a cellar somewhere together. Wonder who'd drive the other one mad first.

And the world's population would have two idiots less to worry about.

Proverbs 31:8-9 - "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy."

Wow, Derick...that's...um...hot. I'm sure you'll be getting some tonight! :my_confused:

My chemistry professor always cautioned us to answer question exactly as much as needed. No reason to add extra information to show off because if it was wrong it would count against you regardless of whether it was pertinent to the question. She would call it diarrhea of the pen. This is what Derick is going through on social media. He seems to be trying to correct his image but keeps digging himself deeper. 

2 hours ago, faraway said:

So he's going to Malawi on September 11th? Are they dragging the kids around the globe again or is he going by himself?

For the kids' sake, I really hope he is going alone. Also, I can just imagine Jill clinging to him the entire time causing secondhand embarrassment in all the other missionaries.

Just checked some government travel advice for Malawi (I'm German) and they do mention high criminality and especially "car jackings". IF the trip will be mentioned on Counting On at all (I somehow doubt it), I bet we will never hear the end of how "dangerous" it is "over there" in "Africa", including flashbacks to the shower curtain incident etc etc :roll:

4 hours ago, Season of life... said:

Wow, Derick...that's...um...hot. I'm sure you'll be getting some tonight! :my_confused:

So is he saying Jill is neither charming nor beautiful? Because it could be interpreted that way. lol

Well now I know what I need to guy a tell me on the first date. He might as well say "You're not very smart either but that's ok." *sarcasm* 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Well now I know what I need to guy a tell me on the first date. He might as well say "You're not very smart either but that's ok." *sarcasm* 

You forgot the totally amazing first date compliment "you have a nice set of birthing hips on you".

"Charm is deceitful, & beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." (Prov 31:30)

I love you @jillmdillard this is you!

12:57 PM - Aug 31, 2017

It sounds to me like Derick forgot to take the trash out again, and needed to tweet something nice before coming home so he would not have to deal with the fallout.

Of course he went for the wrong Bible verse. He should have picked 'Have mercy on me, a sinner!', but instead took the road of flattery.

Unfortunately to a pissed off wife this verse can sound like: 'You may have lost your looks, but I still like you for your cooking and uuuhhm, that.'

3 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

You forgot the totally amazing first date compliment "you have a nice set of birthing hips on you".

No shit, i have a friend that said that crap to me once. Thankfully he wasn't trying to hook up with me

30 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

So is he saying Jill is neither charming nor beautiful? Because it could be interpreted that way. lol

Haha, this is how I read it. "Don't worry, babe, you don't need to be beautiful because you fear the Lord!"

Actually could be a dig at her sisters who are more into make-up and fashion trends. Jill probably loved it. She IS the most GODLY Duggar child you guys!!!

ETA: And most likely just one sister in particular.

1 minute ago, Fundie Bunny said:

No shit, i have a friend that said that crap to me once. Thankfully he wasn't trying to hook up with me

I had a blind dialysis patient, who just happened to grab my hips, say it to me, well after she asked me if I had a half dozen kids. She was right in a way too. I was blessed with a pelvic girdle that you can drive a mack truck through. Both of my kids damn near waltzed out of me (14mins pushing kid 1, 8 mins with the other), thanks to having a spacious pelvic girdle. 

16 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

This is giving me "The Invention of Lying" vibes...smh

I once had a guy tell me, "When you sit there, looking like that, it looks like you're thinking about all sorts of things. I mean, I know you're not, but..."

He then tried to impress me by telling me about how he and his grandpa used to go and shoot cats with a pellet gun. When he saw my face he tried to explain that it was okay because it was one of the last things he got to do with his grandpa before he died.

Nope.

I had another guy way back when I was 19, almost 20, hitting on me at a nightclub (the first and last time I've ever been in a nightclub, and it was dead on a Tuesday night - my friends at the time were really brilliant). He wanted to know what the craziest sexual thing I'd ever done was. Me being a naive 19-year-old old, I figured he'd leave me alone if he knew I was a virgin, so I told him that. He went, "Wow! Really? HOW old are you? Wow - I actually respect you a lot more now!"

I was like, WTF, buddy? You just managed to insult me and every woman who's not a virgin in one breath. Congrats. He tried to call me after, but hell no. Looking back, I should have said to him, "So since you're interested in hooking up with me, at what point after I lose my virginity to you should I expect your respect for me to dissipate? Will it be a slow, gradual decline, or will it vanish overnight?"

I had a guy tell me one time that I looked like a poodle (because I have curly hair). He was a friend and not a romantic interest so I said to him "A note for your romantic future.  No matter how much you love dogs, don't tell a woman she looks like one".  lol.

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

At this rate it won't long before he insults the wrong person and gets into serious trouble.

Is it bad if I'm now waiting for this? :popcorn: 

Really though who does he have left to insult? How does he still have support? What will happen if he insults JB?  

4 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I had a guy tell me one time that I looked like a poodle (because I have curly hair). He was a friend and not a romantic interest so I said to him "A note for your romantic future.  No matter how much you love dogs, don't tell a woman she looks like one".  lol.

It's like when I was a kid, who happened to be very tall, other kids would ask me all the time "how's the weather up there". By the time I got to 3rd grade, I was so over hearing that, that when a boy I didn't particularly care for asked me that, I spit on him and said "it's raining".

Traveling to Malawi would be extraordinarily expensive for them. No way will Jill and the kids go. I've spent quite a lot of time in that part of the world (southern Africa) and travel to/from is expensive and travel within Africa is incredibly expensive. It's not like going to southeast Asia and flying on local airlines for 20 bucks a pop.

Also, people in Malawi need toilets, wells, non-abstinence AIDS education, vaccination, small business enterprise set up, etc. I.e. nothing that the Dillards can provide.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived