IGNORED

Dillards 40: Majoring in Grifting

Coconut Flan

Thinking about that tweet, Jill looks terrible right now. Look I've had 3 kids. I'm not suggesting she should be ready at this point to walk the runway. I swear. But, she has crazy eyes (no, not a medical term.) Jessa has had two kids. She looks significantly better than Jill at this point.  Jinger is off really wearing hip clothes and visiting places. She's never looked better. Honestly, to me it reads as Jill I prefer you even though you have crazy eyes. Its okay that you're falling apart. You fear the Lord. 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Thinking about that tweet, Jill looks terrible right now. Look I've had 3 kids. I'm not suggesting she should be ready at this point to walk the runway. I swear. But, she has crazy eyes (no, not a medical term.) Jessa has had two kids. She looks significantly better than Jill at this point.  Jinger is off really wearing hip clothes and visiting places. She's never looked better. Honestly, to me it reads as Jill I prefer you even though you have crazy eyes. Its okay that you're falling apart. You fear the Lord. 

Huh, in the last couple of photos of Jill that they've posted, I thought she was looking really good. My interpretation is that Derick is going to be working with many young women this year, godly women, but they still might be tempting to the men. Jill has to come to terms with the idea that these women are being allowed the opportunity to serve, not just tag along with their husbands. She is probably anxious about this and Derick was reassuring her that those women might be beautiful and charming, but Jill is still the "godliest."

3 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

One thing that he and Trump have in common. Should both not be allowed ANYWHERE near electronics, internet or generally other humans. They would be a fine pair, locked up in a cellar somewhere together. Wonder who'd drive the other one mad first.

Network executives take note! We need cameras in this cellar. Trump vs Derdick Insanity Challenge could be madly entertaining. 

I also think Jill looks just fine. And I kinda hope she doesn't look here, because the way we place Jessa over her as a "good" mom must be hard to deal with. 

I had a guy call me a "mutt" on a first date because we were talking about our ethnic backgrounds, and I told him I am a combo of many things which he equated with being a mutt...yeah that didn't go over so well.

Oh Derick, this would be a time when saying Jill had a "servants heart" would be an upgrade. smh.

3 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

I had a guy call me a "mutt" on a first date because we were talking about our ethnic backgrounds, and I told him I am a combo of many things which he equated with being a mutt...yeah that didn't go over so well.

Oh Derick, this would be a time when saying Jill had a "servants heart" would be an upgrade. smh.

My headship has called me a mutt like this.  I do it too so its never bothered me.  On the other hand we have mutts and love them...  Generally not a good idea.

As for is Jill and kids are going w/ DeWRECK, no they can't go the children aren't vaccinated.  Plus Sammy isn't old enough for most of the vaccines he needs even if they WOULD give them to him. 

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

As for is Jill and kids are going w/ DeWRECK, no they can't go the children aren't vaccinated.  Plus Sammy isn't old enough for most of the vaccines he needs even if they WOULD give them to him. 

Do we know they don't vaccinate?  

3 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Do we know they don't vaccinate?  

I'm assuming since they don't believe in doctors or science in general why would they vaccinate? But  I also believe I've read or heard them say they don't, but I could be imagining that.

That Proverbs 31:30 quote... I guess it's as easy to point out Jill's fear (of God and everything else near as I can tell) as it would be to point out a supermodel's beauty. Derick's just taking the easy road there.

Yeah, Derick need to stay off social media for a while :pb_lol:.  How do we know he or they are going to Malawi?

I also think Jill looks fine. I've never understood negative comments about Jill's appearance.

I know Jill is neck deep in her beliefs, and is pretty close to being the literal poster child for what the perfect fundamentalist woman should be.

That said, I wonder how many times (if any) she's reflected on where she is now, and asked herself, "how on earth did I get here?"  Because at the end of the day, she's still a human being with limits, just like the rest of us. 

Any Lord that I need to fear is not the Lord for me.

Why would anyone want to praise, honor and follow someone or some notion that they fear? 

Fear is often driven by knowledge deficits- how can the Duggars be so religion/faith unknowledgeable?

Nice proverb, Derick.  Here's another:

Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

And thank you for reminding me to add Marcus Aurelius to my book list. 

14 minutes ago, imokit said:

Who knows about vaccines.

I just remember that episodes of whatever number kids and counting where chicken pox spread throughout the kids (so obviously they weren't giving the kids chicken pox vaccine) and Jim Bob said something like: "Now the kids can't get shingles!" :pb_rollseyes:
(that's the opposite of how that works)

I have to admit, I totally used to think that if you had chicken pox you were immune to shingles. :pb_redface: Was awfully disappointed when I realized it was the opposite! (I think the chicken pox vaccine came on the scene a few years too late for me. Google is telling me mid-90s and I had chicken pox around '91 or '92.)

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I have to admit, I totally used to think that if you had chicken pox you were immune to shingles. :pb_redface: Was awfully disappointed when I realized it was the opposite! (I think the chicken pox vaccine came on the scene a few years too late for me. Google is telling me mid-90s and I had chicken pox around '91 or '92.)

From people I've talked to the same age as me, I'm at the age when people started getting vaccinated for chicken pox. It's seems like a bit less than half (this is my experience so it could be totally off) of people the same age as me are vaccinated. I was vaccinated the year it came out in the U.S. (1995) when I was about 4 years old. My brother got the chicken pox when he was about 2 and got really sick. It freaked my mother out so when the vaccine came out she got it for me right away.

The chicken pox vaccine was released about two months after I caught the chicken pox... from my daughter (mid 90s). I ended up in the hospital for almost two weeks and damn near died. Adults shouldn't get chicken pox, yall. It's hard on the body.

The biggest problem with the vaccine, though, is it's not been around long enough for anyone to know if it provides life-long immunity. If not, and an older adult gets chicken pox, it's more likely to be deadly.

29 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I have to admit, I totally used to think that if you had chicken pox you were immune to shingles. :pb_redface: 

Me too. Then I got shingles last year :my_sad:

My brother and I are just far enough apart that we had different experiences. I was born in the late 80s and had the chicken pox when I was too young to remember it. My little brother was born five years later in the early 90s, and we kept waiting for him to get it. When he was about 7 or 8 and still hadn't, the doctor recommended vaccination because he was old enough it would be more unpleasant. It was optional, though, kind of like the flu shot is now. (Even though it shouldn't be...DON'T GET ME STARTED.) Do they require it now with the rest of the normal vaccines?

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's my understanding that you can ONLY get shingles if you've had chicken pox. Anyone?

Yep, that's how it is. I was born in the late 80s and of course had chicken pox as a kid. I fully expect to get me some shingles once I'm middle aged... 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived