IGNORED

Animal Welfare Suffers Under Trump Administration

unholypoledancer

Read the full story here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2017/02/03/the-usda-abruptly-removes-animal-welfare-information-from-its-website/?utm_term=.5110f2b2e18c

In a statement, the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service cited court rulings and privacy laws for the decision, which it said was the result of a “comprehensive review” that took place over the past year. It said the removed documents, which also included records of enforcement actions against violators of the Animal Welfare Act and the Horse Protection Act, would now be accessible only via Freedom of Information Act Requests. Those can take years to be approved.

As an animal lover this is very upsetting to me and I want to take steps to fight back, but I'm not sure what to do first.

I'm sure that the actual reason for this is Trump being pro big business at any cost, but it feels like he's trying to make sure every living creature suffers under his regime including animals. :(

Still won't stop me from busting a car window on a hot day to save a dog. Nope. Don't worry though, as much as PETA irritates me, they won't let this get too far.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

I'm sure that the actual reason for this is Trump being pro big business at any cost, but it feels like he's trying to make sure every living creature suffers under his regime including animals. :(

Unless the living creature has the last name Trump,

Archived