IGNORED

OK....time to 'fess up! Taryn

Jinger_Cat

Which one of you is Taryn? Or is it a group effort?

(For those unfamiliar, Taryn is a frequent commenter on Zsu's "Are They All Yours" blog. And she's nuttier than a bag of trail mix.)

This last comment, though less rambling and incoherent than others, finally clenched it for me. Taryn cannot be a real person. There's no way anyone would be that loony.

Her latest comment is in response to Zsu's video on how they memorize verses in the KJV.

Blogger Taryn said...

I do believe that just by reading the King James Bible it can be memorized. I also believe in the future it may be difficult to find a King James Bible. I read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. We need to memorize the KJ Bible.

Yes, because Farenheit 451 is a completely factual, actual account of future events. :roll:

Never heard it with the KJV specifically, but that's a pretty common thing to talk about. A lot of Christians believe that some day the Bible will be banned, as it is in some countries now, and that we'll need to have a lot of it memorized for when that time comes.

I will be so sad if Taryn is not real. But, I really do think she is. She has been consistently commenting on ZsuZsu's blog since May of 2010. Let's face it, that is far too long for someone to consistently keep up an alternative personality, especially with no recognition. We have only been talking about her for the last few months.

I find this more believable than some of her other ramblings.

Then again, I read Fahrenheit 451 when I was in high school and came to the same conclusion as Taryn. :shock: and memorized John, Acts, Romans, & parts of Isaiah & Genesis.

That said, it's be easier to hide Bibles than memorize than and the KJV is too widespread to be wiped out. Not only are there millions of copies in print and many families with multiple copies, but it's all over the internet, digital readers, and smartphones as well as on mp3 players, CDs & DVDs.

I find this more believable than some of her other ramblings.

Then again, I read Fahrenheit 451 when I was in high school and came to the same conclusion as Taryn. :shock: and memorized John, Acts, Romans, & parts of Isaiah & Genesis.

That said, it's be easier to hide Bibles than memorize than and the KJV is too widespread to be wiped out. Not only are there millions of copies in print and many families with multiple copies, but it's all over the internet, digital readers, and smartphones as well as on mp3 players, CDs & DVDs.

You do realize that Farenheit 451 is fictional, right?

I love reading what Taryn writes. She reminds me of some older people that I know who ramble when they talk. Like Jinger Cat, I wonder if she is real because she does seem to have read a wide variety of books.

Odd as this sounds, I was also told that the bible should be memorized for the day that it was outlawed. Although that sounds silly now, it was pretty accepted among my friends (even nonfundies) that the AntiChrist would try to destroy all remnants of Christianity.

I think that it is difficult for nonChristians and liberal Christians to comprehend how powerful end times beliefs are for the average evangelical/fundie/fundie-lite.

I think it's Taryn is Candy Brauer...LOL! If you notice in her right side bar (myblessedhome.blogspot.com), under what she's reading, that she has "Bradbury Stories" as one of the things she's currently reading. This comment to Zsu is just kooky enough for her to believe/post and since she had a falling out some time ago with Zsu, her using an assumed name is quite possible.

That's my conspiracy theory for the day...

I love reading what Taryn writes. She reminds me of some older people that I know who ramble when they talk. Like Jinger Cat, I wonder if she is real because she does seem to have read a wide variety of books.

Odd as this sounds, I was also told that the bible should be memorized for the day that it was outlawed. Although that sounds silly now, it was pretty accepted among my friends (even nonfundies) that the AntiChrist would try to destroy all remnants of Christianity.

I think that it is difficult for nonChristians and liberal Christians to comprehend how powerful end times beliefs are for the average evangelical/fundie/fundie-lite.

I won't read the the book of Revelations. It honestly scares the shit out of me.

You do realize that Farenheit 451 is fictional, right?

lol, yes. :)

This was almost 15 years or so ago. Also take into account I was raised to believe that there would be either a civil war or totalitarian crackdown in the US by the time I was in my 20s (theories varied from from Communist invasion to race war to persecution against Christians depending on which conspiracy theory was in vogue at the time or what he was reading or listening to on shortwave), and that I had just gotten out of a girl's home where we were required to read, memorize, and recite scripture for 2+ hours a day.

Interesting conspiracy theory, but Taryn left a comment on Candy's blog the other day - I featured it here:

http://www.thecandyarchive.com/2011/09/ ... -to-16th/4

(and yes, that is a shameless plug for my blog.)

ETA: I really love Taryn. Maybe I should start a Taryn Archive just to collect all her comments in one place.

I did that. But just with all the comments she has left on ZsuZsu's blog. It took at least three hours (I did not do it all at once, so it probably took longer). I reccomend doing it on a day where you have absolutely nothing to do. It's exhausting to read all teh crazy (kj).

I really love Taryn. Maybe I should start a Taryn Archive just to collect all her comments in one place.

OH, would you please? That would make my week, definitely.

(yes, I realize how sad that is).

As crazy as her comments reveal she is, she has to be real. I dont think a sane person could pretend not to be to write the comments she does . Though it might be fun/ interesting to pretend in comments for just a short time for the reactions

I won't read the the book of Revelations. It honestly scares the shit out of me.

Ahaha, I won't read it either. Because it's so effing boring.

Boogalou - where's your Taryn archive? I'd love to see it - is it online?

It is right here: http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1038

I only did ZsuZsu's blog and I have not added on at all since I first made it, but there you go. Before you read I would like to tell you that reading so much crazy all at one time could be detrimental to your health. Beware...

Hey Y'all-I've been reading here for a long time. I don't think I've ever left here without finding a new article or documentary or blog I should read. It's a great, funny forum and I should have made it a point to register and thank you before now.

BUT...what brought me out of the Land of Lurk was your salute to TARYN: ZSU ZSU EDITION! The page of Taryn's quotes from Zsu Zsu's blog is perhaps one of the best things I have seen on the internet. EVER. I only just discovered Zsu Zsu's blog last weekend (thanks to y'all) and could NOT stop reading it. While I was wondering around over there I quickly discovered Taryn! Homegirl is a master of loose associations! I love to read her first sentence and her last sentence in each comment before I read the whole comment and see if I can guess how she got from the first point to the last point. I haven't been able to guess yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for your forum and for the salute to Taryn!

It is right here: http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1038

I only did ZsuZsu's blog and I have not added on at all since I first made it, but there you go. Before you read I would like to tell you that reading so much crazy all at one time could be detrimental to your health. Beware...

Boogalou- you're awesome. Thank you for providing my night's entertainment.

That's awesome - thank you.

I found the epic magic comment:

generationcedar.com/main/2010/12/how-our-family-homeschools.html/comment-page-1#comment-32899

Taryn says:

December 17, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Cathy- I wonder how you feel about evolution. Pastor Dave Meyer never would have called anything a “magic showâ€.†Magician(s)†is not a good word in the King James Bible- the Bible we prefer. I even took a permanent marker and crossed out the word-magic- on a Magic Chef kitchen appliance that was in our house when we moved here and plan on replacing anyway. We are Creationists and hope to visit the Ceation Museum in Kentucky soon. Magicians is in the same catagory as astrologers in the KJV Bible. Magic and astrology are in the same catagory.

Boogalou- you're awesome. Thank you for providing my night's entertainment.

No problem, but I can't take all the credit. Taryn did the leg work and, like my avatar says, Taryn knows...

No problem, but I can't take all the credit. Taryn did the leg work and, like my avatar says, Taryn knows...

I FINALLY understood your profile pic as I was reading through teh crazeee tonight!!!! Sooooooo funny!!! :lol: :lol:

Archived