IGNORED

Iowa firefighters rescue naked man from chimney

47of74

We can hold our own here in Iowa when it comes to weird news.  Business owners Brad and Carrie Sapp discovered one Jordan Kajewski, 29, was stuck in their recycling center's chimney in Carroll, Iowa.

kcci.com/news/firefighters-work-to-free-man-stuck-in-chimney/39610002

The fire department’s ladder truck was unable to help the man because he was too far down inside the chimney. Crews were forced to break the chimney’s brick wall to get Kajewski out.

Daily Times Herald reporter Jared Strong, who arrived at the scene after hearing about the incident on police scanner traffic, reported that Kajewski was naked when firefighters pulled him from the chimney, and that Kajewski claimed he was playing hide-and-seek when he got stuck.

“I've been a crime reporter for a while now, and you see some crazy things, although I don't think I ever thought about seeing a naked man emerge from a chimney,” said Strong.

Kajewski is in the Carroll County Jail and fully clothed. Police charged him with trespassing while causing damage.

Reminds me of the Rescue 911 episode where a would-be burglar tried to enter the house through the chimney, and got stuck--upside down, with his face visible from the fireplace. When the homeowner returned, she was like "What are you doing in my chimney?"

"I'm Santa Claus, who else?"

"I don't see any presents, and I know I've been a good girl!" :pb_lol:

(The kicker is that it was Christmastime, and the homeowners snapped photos of the man before he was extricated and put them on their Christmas cards.)

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

Reminds me of the Rescue 911 episode where a would-be burglar tried to enter the house through the chimney, and got stuck--upside down, with his face visible from the fireplace. When the homeowner returned, she was like "What are you doing in my chimney?"

"I'm Santa Claus, who else?"

"I don't see any presents, and I know I've been a good girl!" :pb_lol:

(The kicker is that it was Christmastime, and the homeowners snapped photos of the man before he was extricated and put them on their Christmas cards.)

There's a question I'd like to ask Captain James T. Kirk: In the 23rd century does Santa just beam into people's houses instead of going down chimneys? 

I wonder if the crook asked her why don't you take a picture it'll last longer...Of course today it'd probably be up on Facebook within 1/2 hour and from there on to the rest of the internetz.

This is why I can't see any of the Fundies being fire and rescue. What if it was a woman and John David DUggar got sent to the scene?

How did anyone come to the conclusion that hiding naked inside a chimney is a good idea?

Archived